Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

gym membership?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:24 PM
  • 16 Replies
do you know any good gyms to get a membership at that has a place to drop your kids off at? A couple gyms near me are anytime fitness, YMCA, the Princeton club, and a couple others. I don't remember what else.

Are they worth the money? And around how much does it cost?
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I go to LA Fitness... I pay $29.99 per month. I don't do the childcare as I go when the kids are in school, but I do know it is $10 per child per month...the kicker is they only have it for certain hours per day. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I belong to Gold's Gym.  We pay $40 a month for the membership and child care.  That is for both me and my husband.  I also pay $100 a month for personal training.

kevinzwifey
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Golds Gym, $30 a month, Free child care And free tanning..

WifeyMommy2011
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:00 AM
well I found a golds gym that is actually kinda close to where I live. So that is a pretty good possibility!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

We go to the Y. There's only 2 gyms near me, and the Y is the only one with childcare. 

I don't know how much it costs since my husband's employer pays for half of the membership and the other half gets deducted from his paycheck. It's worth it for us because not only do we get the benefit of the exercise equipment, but they also have programs for kids (soccer, gymnastics, t-ball, etc...), and we get a discount on those things because we are members. 

amandae21
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this

If you have a nice Y, it's worth the money. Our Y has two indoor pools (one lap, one with a slide and spray thingys), they have kids Zumba and Yoga in addition to a long list of adult classes, a "jump zone" with inflatables, mother's morning out, parents night out (they cost $10/kid).... all sorts of stuff. Much more than just a gym. They wanted like $70/month for a family membership but DH negotiated them down to $40 for all of us!!

WifeyMommy2011
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Do they let you tour the gym to see what it's like?

Quoting amandae21:

If you have a nice Y, it's worth the money. Our Y has two indoor pools (one lap, one with a slide and spray thingys), they have kids Zumba and Yoga in addition to a long list of adult classes, a "jump zone" with inflatables, mother's morning out, parents night out (they cost $10/kid).... all sorts of stuff. Much more than just a gym. They wanted like $70/month for a family membership but DH negotiated them down to $40 for all of us!!

momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Do you have a Womens Workout World? I highly suggest them.

WifeyMommy2011
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:30 AM
I've never heard of then but I'll look it up to see if there is one.

Quoting momof3jam:

Do you have a Womens Workout World? I highly suggest them.

amandae21
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Mine will let you try it free for the first time. You do have to give them some basic info, for safety reasons. I don't think mine will watch kids for free trials though.

Quoting WifeyMommy2011:

Do they let you tour the gym to see what it's like?

Quoting amandae21:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)