Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
My oldest ds is Andrew Joseph, dd is Alyssa Hope. I'm due in 10 weeks and we can't agree on a middle name! Ds first name is Aeson. (It is a Greek name that is as old as Jason, it was his dad in Greek mythology). Some suggestions have been

Aeson James

Aeson Rainer

Aeson Ryker

Help! Other ideas are welcome!
Aeson is pronounced "ay-son" (ae like Aesop's fables) we just wanted to do the traditional spelling instead of making one up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Replies (21-26):
TeamTARDIS
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I would use a middle name that doesn't start with J or H so that your children won't share all initials.

Aeson Levi
Aeson Matthew
Aeson  Alexander
Aeson Kai
Aeson Gray

Aeson seems to work well with many different names depending on the style you want to go with. 

TeamTARDIS
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Rhys is the origianl Welsh spelling.

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

I have seen Reese spelled Rhys too.

JamaitianBaby
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Aeson committed suicide by drinking bull's blood. His wife killed herself as well..... It had a nice sound to it... But not a great background.... May want to read up on the mythology... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Oh cute! I like Aeson Ryker alot! :)

Quoting sarah427:

Aeson is pronounced "ay-son" ae is like in Aesop's fables.

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you pronounce the name? I have never heard it before.

sarah427
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:31 PM
It means "active" (although the meaning was hard to find).I understand where you are coming from, but if I worried about every person who ever had the name, he would be nameless! After all, how many John, Steven, or Adams have ever committed suicide or killed someone?

Quoting JamaitianBaby:

Aeson committed suicide by drinking bull's blood. His wife killed herself as well..... It had a nice sound to it... But not a great background.... May want to read up on the mythology... 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JamaitianBaby
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Well.... I think it's a nice name, not to common. But that particular "tale" is what comes to mind to most when they hear it, I mean it's your kid, not trying to make you change his name.

Quoting sarah427:

It means "active" (although the meaning was hard to find).I understand where you are coming from, but if I worried about every person who ever had the name, he would be nameless! After all, how many John, Steven, or Adams have ever committed suicide or killed someone?

Quoting JamaitianBaby:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN