Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband is a Chief and I'm proud of it!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 142 Replies
What's wrong with that? How come a military wife get's bashed for saying "Hi , I am Chief Smith's wife". (random name). That is just military language. That is what people know him by. I don't think we are better then a lower rank at all. But that doesn't mean I can't be proud of my husband.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FL2AK
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:34 PM
25 moms liked this

Because you have a name.  You are not your husband's career.  

armywifey26
by Krissy on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:36 PM
4 moms liked this

I just say I am Stewart's wife. They will know who that is

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Okay.. But if I bump into let's say my husband's Master Chief's wife, but she doesn't recognize me. If I just say "Hey I'm shelly". She may still not know who I am. But if I say "Hey , I am Shelly Chief Smith's wife." She would then relize my husband works for her's! It's military language! Lol

Quoting FL2AK:

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:40 PM
2 moms liked this

how about you wait until they ask? You can have your own identity outside of your husband's career. I'd be seriously depressed if what I was known for was being "the captain's wife".

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:40 PM
You don't have a name? Aren't you more than just his wife? Don't you want your own individuality? It's not bashing I just don't see why someone would want to be noticed by their husbands career.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sekirei
by Nari on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I do not introduce my self as Sgt Smith's wife (which... yes, that is how they know my husband) because I am not his rank,I am his wife. If they ask who I am there with, I will tell them. 

I also know very few down to earth officer's wives (my MIL included) that would introduce themselves that way. 

FL2AK
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:42 PM
3 moms liked this

My husband was military, I just used my last name too and said that our husband's work together.  Just like I do in the rest of the world.  You are a civilian, not military.

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay.. But if I bump into let's say my husband's Master Chief's wife, but she doesn't recognize me. If I just say "Hey I'm shelly". She may still not know who I am. But if I say "Hey , I am Shelly Chief Smith's wife." She would then relize my husband works for her's! It's military language! Lol

Quoting FL2AK:

Moe1521
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:43 PM
2 moms liked this
I just say I am (insert my name), and I never have to say my husbands name because I always have him at my side. I don't wear my hubby's rank, even though I am extremely happy for him and his upcoming promotion. I am very proud of him, but it's something that stays between us. I don't think the whole damn world has to know about it. Just my opinion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:43 PM

My SO is an Asst. Chief of the Fire Dept... That is HIS title/rank, not mine.. I don't have to go around throwing that out to prove i'm proud of who he is.

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

nothing is wrong with it. I just happen to introduce myself using my name. If we are in situation where they would know my husband then I may say his name and rank. But for the most part I just introduce myself as me. personal preference.

the issue is the wives that treat lower ranks differently or expect special treatment because of their husband's rank.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN