Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How could a teacher be so mean?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 118 Replies

So in my sons kindergatens class there are six boys and the rest are girls. His birthday is in two weeks and he wanted to invited all six boys to his birthday party. I put the invatations in his backpack and as we was trying to give one to each of the boys, the teacher took them away and sent him home with a note and said that it was unfair for him to invite certain people from the class and not the rest.

I called to apologize, I honestly saw no harm at first, he's a boy, he wanted an all boys party, but I can see now how that could be hurtful. I felt horrible to make the other children feel left out. I called to offer to bring cupcakes to EVERYONE in the class on the day of his birthday because he had school on his birthday but the party was going to be the weekend after. I told her that I should have waited until school was over and he could give them out when I came to pick him up after school on the front ramp.

She then told me that she didn't care when he gave them out, if he invited only certain people and not the whole class, she would have to tell the principal and he could face some trouble.

CAN SHE DO THAT?! It's not like we are doing this at school! How could he get into trouble?!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marja2011
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:55 PM
2 moms liked this
She cant and I would go to the office to raise hell.
MooreBoysMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:56 PM
2 moms liked this
We have the same rule here. The whole class must be invited to pass invitations out at school.

This is the rule for the whole school. Grades K thru 5th.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof2891
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM
I don't think she can legally do that. I would talk to the principal. Good luck!
Sharbear42371
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

She sounds like a real asshole. I don't see what they can do about it. I would keep an eye on her.

Tal0n
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM
7 moms liked this

OMG, what pussies are they cultivating in public schools with this bullshit rule!!

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Mail the invitations. I know that it is clearly listed in our school handbook that if the whole class isn't invited, invitations cannot be given out on school grounds.

CafeMom Tickers
Kris_PBG
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:58 PM
3 moms liked this
It is common school policy that if the invites are not for EVERYONE in the class, they are not to be distributed at school.

Do it in the mail or on your own time. Following policy isn't "mean".
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Some schools have that rule. My DDS class allows just boys or just girls though.
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:58 PM

she can if the invitations are handed out on school grounds.

rule is, mail them to select people, if you dont plan on inviting the entire class.

if she sees you handing them out or catches wind of it, yes she can report you.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:58 PM

That's a crock of shit. One way to make a child feel horrible is invite them to a party they actually aren't wanted at.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN