Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how the heck do you figure out child support calculator online?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm seeing my lawyer next week, I'm just looking into some stuff to try to get approximate #s for the time being - budgeting, figuring out what I can afford in rent, etc.  

Stbx is military, we're not divorced yet, he's overseas currently, when he gets back he will be living over 2K miles away from us, so I'll still have the kids full time for at least another year when his contract is up.  I have NO idea how all this works... and I want to try to get full custody (he was very abusive)... so how does all that tie in to parenting percentages and all that stuff?  I'm so confused.   I'm sure I've left out info that would be needed in order to answer the question, so if I did, let me know and I'll update.  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Replies (11-15):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:54 PM

He won't at ALL for a year, but it only lets me put in 40% for percentage?  Idk.  

Quoting AllofFive19:

Figure out about how often he'll have the kids, 20%, 30%, etc, self-support allowance sounds like alimony.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm actually on the states page trying to plug in numbers.... I just don't understand it!!  The adjustments with overnights and whatever.... self support allowance.... all that stuff.  Foreign words to me!!  

Quoting Mommie2Kailen:

This is fdor maryland but if you do a search maybe you can find the calculator for your state

calculators/Childsupport/Maryland

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Child support calculators are only there to get an idea. Let it be forty percent (though it's weird that you can only put in forty) and get an estimation. 

Your lawyer will be able to figure out the exact.

Quoting Anonymous:

He won't at ALL for a year, but it only lets me put in 40% for percentage?  Idk. 

Mommie2Kailen
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AllofFive19:

Figure out about how often he'll have the kids, 20%, 30%, etc, self-support allowance sounds like alimony.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm actually on the states page trying to plug in numbers.... I just don't understand it!!  The adjustments with overnights and whatever.... self support allowance.... all that stuff.  Foreign words to me!!  

Quoting Mommie2Kailen:

This is fdor maryland but if you do a search maybe you can find the calculator for your state

you actually dont put a % you put actual number of days they will be there , the gross income is pay before taxes, if he pays child support or alimony from a previous marriage , just plot in the numbers, and if your child (ren) go to daycare the cost you pay and he pays  its pretty easy

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Good point.  Thank you.  

Quoting AllofFive19:

Child support calculators are only there to get an idea. Let it be forty percent (though it's weird that you can only put in forty) and get an estimation. 

Your lawyer will be able to figure out the exact.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:29 AM

No other kids/ wives/ etc..... nowhere to put days though.  Oh well.  I think I give up on it lol

Quoting Mommie2Kailen:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AllofFive19:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mommie2Kailen:

you actually dont put a % you put actual number of days they will be there , the gross income is pay before taxes, if he pays child support or alimony from a previous marriage , just plot in the numbers, and if your child (ren) go to daycare the cost you pay and he pays  its pretty easy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)