Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

can you fix a marriage?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I'm not normally one to post sappy love crap, but I'm really at a loss. It has finally hit me how unhappy I am with my husband. And it didn't use to be this way. I do love him, very much. And I want to get back What we had, but I don't even know how I lost it. I can't stand when he touches me. he is honestly just smothering. I don't want to kiss him most of the time. And when I tell him I love him. I just find myself questioing it. 2 months ago, I was crazy head over heels in love with him. What the hell happened, I still don't know.

How do I fix this. I want my marriage back
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:13 AM

2 months ago head over heels and today out of love??  How can you not know what has happened in such a short period of time??  I have been married going on 7 years so I can pretty much pinpoint what our issues are but 2 months and you cannot??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:19 AM
I've been married 10 years and I can tell you that we've had our highs as well as our lows. Go do something fun together. Maybe it will bring back some spark.
lucsch
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Being married is like a rollercoaster. Sometimes he really pisses me off, for nothing more than chewing his food. Other days, I feel I'm pretty darn lucky to have such a great guy. It makes no sense. LOL We will be married 30 years this summer. It has not been easy. Since when is anything easy worthwhile?

Hormones?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:22 AM
How long have you been married? Maybe you guys just need to rekindle your romance without the kids. Write a list of all the things troubling you as well and talk to your husband about them. If that doesn't work try counseling. Good luck.
RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Your marriage can be fixed, if both if you want it to be. Talk to him, let him know how you are feeling. Ask him how he is really feeling because if his level of affection has changed he might be dealing with something. Now is not the time to stop communicating. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Omg I Cleary stated I still love him. If I didn't, I would have left. I'm just not happy and no I don't know what happend. Which is exactly what my post said. Read first next time please

Quoting MixedCooke:

2 months ago head over heels and today out of love??  How can you not know what has happened in such a short period of time??  I have been married going on 7 years so I can pretty much pinpoint what our issues are but 2 months and you cannot??

Kitschy
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Two months ago everything was fine? That's kind of weird. Anyway, my marriage was crap and now it's great so I do believe if both people work you can fix a marriage. I was in counseling for 2 years, my husband worked on his issues separately.

Kitschy
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM

She didn't say that you didn't love him she address your very weird statement that two months ago you were "head over heals" and you don't know what happened. 2 months isn't a lot of time for a marriage to go south to the point where you are asking if it can be saved, when just two months ago you were happy as a clam. Are you bipolar?

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg I Cleary stated I still love him. If I didn't, I would have left. I'm just not happy and no I don't know what happend. Which is exactly what my post said. Read first next time please

Quoting MixedCooke:

VannaMae307
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:56 PM

My marriage had hit rock bottom at one point and now is back, way way better, but it was hard work. Yes it is possible but not if it is one-sided. Does he know you're unhappy? If he doesn't, he can't fix anything, because he doesn't know it's broken.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Actually she did. "Out of love" I didn't say I was out of love. And we have been married a lot longer than 2 months. Things have just gone down hill and idk why. That doesn't exactly make me bipolar. Thanks tho

Quoting Kitschy:

She didn't say that you didn't love him she address your very weird statement that two months ago you were "head over heals" and you don't know what happened. 2 months isn't a lot of time for a marriage to go south to the point where you are asking if it can be saved, when just two months ago you were happy as a clam. Are you bipolar?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MixedCooke:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN