*EDIT* AGAIN...I didn't write this. This is actually from someone's blog...
Yeah, Yeah, Iāve heard it all beforeā¦breastmilk is best, it gives your baby immunities, itās a bonding experience, whatever. Blah, Blah, Blah. Before you go calling all your La Leche friends on me, hear me out a second. I am not against breastMILK. I am against breastFEEDING. There is a difference. Breastfeeding is the process of putting your breast in your newbornās mouth. Breastmilk can be fed in a bottle. I am very anti ā breastfeeding.
- Just because it doesnāt gross you out, doesnāt mean your child wonāt be horrified by the thought of it when they get older. M and B actually took a poll of their teenage friends. Not one single boy would admit to being breastfed, and only 2 girls would admit to it. I find it hard to believe that out of the 10 or so boys they asked, not one of them was. They just donāt want anyone to know that they had their mouths on their motherās breast. I am personally horrified by the thought of my motherās breast in my mouth, and my children are extremely happy that mine was never in theirs. There goes the ābondingā theory.
- Itās incredibly unsanitary. Do you know how many zillions of bugs are crawling on your breast right now? Our bodies are crawling with microorganisms all the time. Why would you put that in a newbornās mouth? If you canāt sterilize or boil it, it shouldnāt go in your childās mouth in my opinion.
- You might be thinking, āItās natural. Thatās why God gave me breasts.ā. And youāre 100% right. However, God also gave you an appendix. Modern medicine has declared that we no longer need them. Besides, men have breasts too, just not fatty ones. So does that mean they are supposed to be pacifiers?
- NO ONE wants to be in the room with you when you āwhip it outā. Have you ever sat across the table from a breastfeeding mom? They just pull out their breast and go at it. It is the most uncomfortable thing to be the other person trying to have a conversation with them. Like, āUm..where did you get those boobsā¦I mean boots.ā. At that point, the breasts are calling you like a freak show. You donāt want to look, but much like driving past a car accident, itās inevitable. Human nature forces us to look. And I donāt want to see your breasts.
- Breastfeeding moms tend to think that they are doing such a wonderful thing that everyone should be subjected to it. WRONG!! Yes, you have a right to feed your child any way you want to. I have a right not to be exposed to it when I am at the mall or in a restaurant.
Did I breastfeed? No, but not because I didnāt want to do what was best for my children. If I was able, I would have pumped. I would NEVER, EVER, subject my child to knowing that my unsanitary breast was in her mouth. If you choose to feed your child breastmilk, thatās great. Breastmilk is the best for your baby, and you should do whatever is best. But before you go shoving things in your childrenās mouth without their consent and offending everyone around you, you might want to think about it and invest in a pump. If you canāt afford one, your local WIC office will lend you one.