Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Every time I get pregnant ( breastfeeding)

Posted by   + Show Post
I get excited about a new chance to attempt breast feeding! With both of my girls I only had enough milk to feed full time for 2 months. Then suppliment for 1 month after. I always felt awful about it, having to give my kids formula was tough on me. I am very grateful that formula is out there! Had my kids been born a hundred years ago they may have died from me not being able to feed them or find a wet nurse. I hope with this baby I can go longer, I will never get so discouraged I don't try! Whatever I can give my children is better than nothing right? Ok I'm done with my rambling now!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Replies (21-30):
skittlefart
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Whatever works for your babies :) I have to admit I got a little excited the other day about it as well. My milk dried up when ds turned 3 months or so, and for some reason I'm just slightly starting to leak again. I'm going to take the oppertunity to give ds and the new baby as much milk as I can before it goes all out again. 

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:55 AM
It can be an issue for many women though. With a greater population issues become more relevant.

Shouldn't you know that as a biology major and all?

Quoting tharealty2:

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

You know this how?

Quoting tharealty2:

I'm not sure if I understand - are you saying you had milk supply issues after 2 mos?  Have you tried the usual things to increase your supply once you got concerned?  I'm glad there are other options when their is a concern too - but 100 years ago, milk suppy was rarely an issue.  

well beyond being a biology major its not hard to research it and find the same info.  Milk supply wasn't even such an issue just 50 years ago.

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:04 AM
I'm allergic to reglan I took it and it make me have hives and my throat close up!

Quoting MamaCarterof5:

reglan is now being prescribed to up supply. Also, using calcium lactate helped boost as well

pittiesmom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:10 AM
I was the same way. With my first dd I was only able to supplement for a month before I dried up. With my second dd I was doing great for about 2 months and then my dr said she had to up my dose of water pills (i have chronic hypertension) because thats the only thing we could safely do. Well it killed off my milk supply :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Have you ever contacted the LLL or got help from a lactation consultant? There are very effective ways to fix low supply. It could be some easy fix. I suggest joining Breast is Best on Facebook (if you're on there) because they are WONDERFUL at giving advice and have so much knowledge. I learn something new from thejr posts every day. Don't just let yohr supply dwindle down. then supplement and then stop. Get help from professionals.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Did you try oatmeal? Brewers yeast?
Lots of water etc...
That's weird that you were only able to go to two months twice
abigailsmommy11
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:28 AM

see a lactation consultant, before and after the birth of your baby. it could really help you! Can i ask why you thought you didn't have enough milk? Also, any breastmilk is better than none, so great job Mama!

tharealty2
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

It can be an issue for many women though. With a greater population issues become more relevant.

Quoting tharealty2:

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

You know this how?

Quoting tharealty2:

I'm not sure if I understand - are you saying you had milk supply issues after 2 mos?  Have you tried the usual things to increase your supply once you got concerned?  I'm glad there are other options when their is a concern too - but 100 years ago, milk suppy was rarely an issue.  

well beyond being a biology major its not hard to research it and find the same info.  Milk supply wasn't even such an issue just 50 years ago.

Even taking into the increased pop, its not balanced - so to break it down for you,. per 10 moms - supply was not nearly as much as an issue as it is now. Honestly if you don't believe me its easily confirmed if you just want to look into yourself instead of trying to be a smart ass and failing w. me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:40 PM
With a greater rise in population comes a greater rise in medical and health issues.

That is fact.

Quoting tharealty2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tharealty2:

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

You know this how?

Quoting tharealty2:

Even taking into the increased pop, its not balanced - so to break it down for you,. per 10 moms - supply was not nearly as much as an issue as it is now. Honestly if you don't believe me its easily confirmed if you just want to look into yourself instead of trying to be a smart ass and failing w. me.

tharealty2
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

With a greater rise in population comes a greater rise in medical and health issues.

That is fact.

Quoting tharealty2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tharealty2:

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

You know this how?

Quoting tharealty2:

you missing a huge point.  study statistics.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)