Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When is it NOT normal?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 80 Replies
So, how do I figure out if something is normal with my two year old or not? Every night I do the super nanny technique with him for three to six hours to get him to stay in bed. Every time I pick him up to lay him back down he bites, scratches, kicks and hits. He has head butt me a few times and broke my glasses. He screams himself hoarse. It comes down to me holding him down against his bed for a long time hours after I just have to do it or snap. I am tired. I am at my wits end. I get new bruises and bites every day from him. I have older children that have to share the top bunk bed or be placed in my bed for their safety. Even during the day he has episodes of sudden anger and attacks whomever is closest. My babysitter is threatening to quit and no one else will take him. He has been like this since about 12 or 13 months. I know two year olds fit and such but none of my other three did this. Help me. Is this normal? I am so exhausted I am afraid I will snap soon.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:36 AM
What the hell is super nanny technique?
britmichele
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Not normal. Why won't he stay in bed?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:38 AM
2 moms liked this
You need to take him to his pediatrician.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:39 AM
You need to take him to the doctor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Doctor asap
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:40 AM

well, im not gonna judge because i couldnt possibly know how your parenting techniques are because i dont live with you. If your definalty sure that your not just letting him run all over you then you should go have him evaluated by his ped.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Talk to his pedi, get him evaluated. Honestly tho, if someone was forcibly holding me down and restraining me in bed, I would refuse sleep and would put up quite a fight about it too
Mommyprinc3ss3s
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM
I would consult my pediatrician.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:42 AM
I would look into counseling ...I'm sorry but for helping go to bed have you tried melatonin the dissolving one. 3 mg it's in a dark blue bottle and purple lid...
opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:42 AM
3 moms liked this

not normal. something is wrong and he doesn't know how to tell you. it is the only way he knows how to tell you something is wrong. check his ears.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN