Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Unwanted facial hair

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:05 AM
  • 18 Replies
I read a study once that postulated women that work (earn an income) produce more testosterone than SAHMs because they are taking on a "male role" which could lead to masculine features such as facial hair.

Do you deal with facial hair? Are you a SAHM, WAHM or WOHM?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:07 AM

I get a couple of stray hairs under my chin. I'm a 25yo SAHM.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:07 AM
3 moms liked this

I read a study once that showed that women who have sex are mo likely to have babies than women who don't. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:08 AM
I have whiskers like an old lady. I'm 26 and a sahm. It's annoying. But I pluck those bad boys. I think it all in the genes. My mother has the same issue along with my grandmother.
MamaCarterof5
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:09 AM

I am a sahm, no facial hair.

That is wild to hear that. I do know that women who have more facial hair tend to have fertility problems (maybe that would lead to an uptick in them not being sahms?) 

Mama to my 8 little monkeys <3

casseopeia
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Well, I just broke up with my SO so I guess I'm not even an unofficial step mom now, but I can offer some suggestions for facial hair.  I'm not super hairy, but I have my eyebrows and upper lip waxed about once a month.  I just started noticing a lot of velus hairs (the little white ones), especially on the left side of my face.  Those cannot be removed with waxing.  It has to be electrolosis or laser.   I've tried both of those and it hurt like he!!.  So I just live with them.  

If that's you in the photo, you may not have much in the way of velus hair.  I think it's more common to northern european skin types.  I think the male role thing is bogus.  Body hair has more to do with heredity and hormones.

Babujai
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Really excessive facial hair on women can be a symptom of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome which also makes conceiving difficult.

Quoting MamaCarterof5:

I am a sahm, no facial hair.

That is wild to hear that. I do know that women who have more facial hair tend to have fertility problems (maybe that would lead to an uptick in them not being sahms?) 

Babujai
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:32 AM
I have some of those white hairs, but mostly they're just regular dark hairs. I'm a WOHM and always have been. I'm sure there's no validity to the "male role" theory, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to get some independent data.

Quoting casseopeia:

Well, I just broke up with my SO so I guess I'm not even an unofficial step mom now, but I can offer some suggestions for facial hair.  I'm not super hairy, but I have my eyebrows and upper lip waxed about once a month.  I just started noticing a lot of velus hairs (the little white ones), especially on the left side of my face.  Those cannot be removed with waxing.  It has to be electrolosis or laser.   I've tried both of those and it hurt like he!!.  So I just live with them.  

If that's you in the photo, you may not have much in the way of velus hair.  I think it's more common to northern european skin types.  I think the male role thing is bogus.  Body hair has more to do with heredity and hormones.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:43 AM

LOL...they will do a study on anything.

I've noticed a bit more on the upper lip since menopause. It is nothing Nair can't solve...

Oh, I worked many years before becoming a SAHM, but I also do a little work from home, so count it however you like!

mmmonkey
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Hahaha that's ridiculous. I worked for 15 years, now I'm a SAHM. I've never had facial hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Yes, I have told my mom she must have had me with a different man that my dad, because I'm the only one in my family with this seriously extremely annoying and embarrassing problem! I have worked but now I stay home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)