Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

should i? if i do how do i tell him?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Ok so my very best friend of 30 years ..... have been friends since  were 1. Anyway we e talking of planning a girls tril to Vegas!  I have never been as an adult nor have i ever been on a vacation as an adult other then for work!  I am so excited at the thought of going but I know dh is going to be pissed if i even entertain this idea! he is so jealous anyway. what do you all think ? would you go? have you ever done agirl trip? what would/did you tell dh?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rach7224
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Sounds fun. Idk if i would go but dh would support me to uf i wanted to go. Ive never had a girls trip but i dint really have any girl friends here. Id tell him how much you would enjoy it, why it means so much to you and would love to go. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DlovesM
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:14 AM

I never understood why a SO would get angry or jealous about things like this that make you happy. As long as you had never done anything to hurt his trust, he should be happy you get to do something like this. Maybe he might be upset that you would plan a vacation with your friend before him. I understand that. You should probably try to plan something for you two first.

xboybrksgrlx
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Eh. any where but there. I live in Vegas and think its overrated. Talk to him and promise not to do anything too foolish. Jealousy is one thing but does he trust you?
Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Um yeah I'd go, and it worries me that that would piss off you DH!

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:16 AM

I've done it plenty of times.  Traveled by myself as well.  I just say I'm going, then I get a plane ticket.

Then again, my husband isn't jealous.  I can't stand jealousy, and would never be around anyone that insecure.

melody77
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:16 AM
I would go. I dont like to hold back my life cause someone else cant deal with their emotions. Unfirtunately i have never done a girl trip cause i only have one best friend and lately we have been so far apart. Your husband shoukd be enciuraging you to go have some fun and enjoy! I know mine woukd but hed probabky be happy to get me out of tge house
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:52 AM

this friend moved away awhile back so it is important. both of our dh s work the oilfield and are never home anyway.  dh and i have had a lot of problems lately because of his jealousy!  he seems to resent me all  time so although we are on rocks i feel  deserve to go all i do anymore is work and be basically single mom to 5 kids. i almost think if he tries to stop me or sabotaging it like he has before i would freak. but if think he Will hold it over my head.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Bump

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I would do it, but not Vegas.  I *hate* Vegas, lol.

jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Yes I'd go. Yes I've done girl trips & I've done by myself trips. We've done trips together.
I'd GO!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN