Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i feel like the worst. mom. ever.

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:32 AM
  • 38 Replies
I know that kids are going to get hurt. Its inevitable. But my little girl got hurt today and I feel like its my fault!!

She just started walking a couple weeks ago and was toddling around the living room like she's been doing everyday. Well she must've caught her foot on the area rug and lost her balence cause she started teetering and when she does this, she usually levels out and is fine. This time she didn't. I was down in the floor with her right next to her and when I realized she was going down I tried to catch her but I didn't get to her in time. My poor little girl has got 2 busted lips from where she fell face first into the floor. :( I feel soooo awful! I know that things happen, but I can't help but feel like I should've caught her since I was right beside her!! She'll be fine and happy and grin real big at me then burst into tears because her lips are swollen and the split part cracks open again. :( any suggestions on how to ease her pain???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skittlefart
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Awe poor little baby, it happens though don't take it out on yourself too badly. Not sure of anything to help the pain but good luck~

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
lilfishbigocean
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Not much you can do for her, if you can get her to sit for it you can just use some ice to make sure there's no swelling. Maybe some Tylenol if you think it's that bad.

Don't feel bad about it! Things happen, and trust me - this won't be the last time!

Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:35 AM

my dd busted her lip and chipped her baby tooth trying to crawl through the dog door when she was 8 months. Give her an otter pop to suck on or a washcloth with a piece of ice. Shite happens you aren't a bad mommy :)

3mommyandwifey
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Awww I hate seeing kids get hurt....the have Velcro tape stuff that you can put under the area rug so her feet wont get caught there...try vaseline
mayasmama11
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:37 AM
I gave her a frozen teething ring (she's cutting 3 teeth as well) to suck on and that brought the swelling down some. I also put a very thin layer of vaseline on her lips to try to moisturize it.

Quoting lilfishbigocean:

Not much you can do for her, if you can get her to sit for it you can just use some ice to make sure there's no swelling. Maybe some Tylenol if you think it's that bad.

Don't feel bad about it! Things happen, and trust me - this won't be the last time!

RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Keep Chapstick on the crack. It won't keep breaking open if the skin is soft. 

horseap
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this

We always do Popsicle's or frozen fruit. 

Quoting Irenesmommy:

my dd busted her lip and chipped her baby tooth trying to crawl through the dog door when she was 8 months. Give her an otter pop to suck on or a washcloth with a piece of ice. Shite happens you aren't a bad mommy :)

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
mayasmama11
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:40 AM
We have the velcro stuff holding it down, but she hasn't quite mastered the uneven stuff yet. She can climb up on her little chair (disney princess easy chair filled with what feels like foam peanuts) and tries to climb the entertainment center (of course we don't let her) but if there is a blanket or anything she almost always loses her balence. She usually catches herself though. :(

Quoting 3mommyandwifey:

Awww I hate seeing kids get hurt....the have Velcro tape stuff that you can put under the area rug so her feet wont get caught there...try vaseline
horseap
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Oh do you happen to have an lanolin? :/  I used it for my chapped lips and nips.  Works wonders!

1wildchild
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Accidents happen, even when we try to prevent them. Don't beat yourself up too bad, it wasn't your fault. The same thing has happened to my son. I don't have any other suggestions than to ice it and put Vaseline on it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)