Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im such a bad mom and I dont know how to fix me

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I don't know why but when my ds starts crying uncontrollably I get so frustrated so easily and begin to have thoughts that I want to leave him a dh behind. It makes me crazy bc I love them and I've always wanted to be a mommy but now idk what to do. My dh wouldn't understand! His mom walked out on him as a child so that makes me feel even worse. Dh gets to eat sleep shit and shower whenever he wants to and I don't. I'm a sahm which is a dream come true for me...so why does it feel like a nightmare?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:47 AM
Replies (11-18):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:21 AM
I think he is teething, our nxt check up is nxt Monday. Its not a constant crying, its on and off but its every 5-10 mins sometimes. Dh can just ignore it but I can't. I get so frustrated tonight I raised my voice just a lil to ds I said "idk what u want! Ur making me crazy" and dh got mad and said "well maybe if u stop yelling at him he'll go to sleep"

Quoting opinionatedmom:

He shouldn't be crying uncontrollably at that age. when is the last time he went to the doc? is he teething? you need to find an escape at least one night a week no kid no hubby you time.

Quoting Anonymous:

9 mths

Quoting opinionatedmom:

how old is ds?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:25 AM
I don't want to make dh seem like he doesn't help. He does. But ds only seems to want dh when hes with me...once dh takes him he cries bc he wants to be back with me.
opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:26 AM

when you get like this leave the house. go to the store or something to buy a cup of coffee or something. I totally understand I went through that for 3 1/2 yrs with my youngest due to issues he had. if his gums are hot or he has a fever give him tylenol. if gums are hot teething tablets and a frozen wet wash cloth. also sounds like when he does this he needs a nap. my 4 yr old gets whiney like that it is because he needs a nap.

whiney usually equals one of three things, tired, hungry, sick.  eliminate those three and I bet the whining stops. but you still need you time. at least once a week. shopping or something get out of the house or you will drive yourself nuts literally. and get out in the sun even if it is taking him to the park. get out of the house someway some how.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think he is teething, our nxt check up is nxt Monday. Its not a constant crying, its on and off but its every 5-10 mins sometimes. Dh can just ignore it but I can't. I get so frustrated tonight I raised my voice just a lil to ds I said "idk what u want! Ur making me crazy" and dh got mad and said "well maybe if u stop yelling at him he'll go to sleep"

Quoting opinionatedmom:

He shouldn't be crying uncontrollably at that age. when is the last time he went to the doc? is he teething? you need to find an escape at least one night a week no kid no hubby you time.

Quoting Anonymous:

9 mths

Quoting opinionatedmom:

how old is ds?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Its too cold outside to take ds out. Yeah its usually when he needs a nap but he fights it for hours. There's not one thing that will put him to sleep I have to try 100 things every time. I bf and he won't even fall asleep that way.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

when you get like this leave the house. go to the store or something to buy a cup of coffee or something. I totally understand I went through that for 3 1/2 yrs with my youngest due to issues he had. if his gums are hot or he has a fever give him tylenol. if gums are hot teething tablets and a frozen wet wash cloth. also sounds like when he does this he needs a nap. my 4 yr old gets whiney like that it is because he needs a nap.

whiney usually equals one of three things, tired, hungry, sick.  eliminate those three and I bet the whining stops. but you still need you time. at least once a week. shopping or something get out of the house or you will drive yourself nuts literally. and get out in the sun even if it is taking him to the park. get out of the house someway some how.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

9 mths

Quoting opinionatedmom:

how old is ds?

Hatred4none
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:37 AM

We're in the same boat, I've been trying to get my mom to move near me so I can get a part time job just to unclutter my mind. No luck here, but my mil is coming soon, hopefully that will help me. I hate getting frustrated with my children, I love them so much. I feel they are learning to be frustrated too, from me. And I dont want that for them.

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:38 AM

cold never hurt a kid. short periods is ok. Mcdonalds has a playland. you need to make him lay down and not let him get up for a nap. I have to raise my voice and say in a firm voice "LAY DOWN" YES HE CRIES, but he goes to sleep. if mine is just restless and can't sleep I give him sleepy time tea. if you do with yours water it down greatly. or just give him warm peppermint water. My deal with my son is I will turn on cartoons if you lay down. he will lay down every time. but mine is older though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its too cold outside to take ds out. Yeah its usually when he needs a nap but he fights it for hours. There's not one thing that will put him to sleep I have to try 100 things every time. I bf and he won't even fall asleep that way.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:45 AM
My family is outta state. The only family close by is dh gma who is almost 90. She couldn't help if she wanted to. I hate getting frustrated with him too. I don't want him to grow up in that kind of household. I wish I could start smoking again :(

Quoting Hatred4none:

We're in the same boat, I've been trying to get my mom to move near me so I can get a part time job just to unclutter my mind. No luck here, but my mil is coming soon, hopefully that will help me. I hate getting frustrated with my children, I love them so much. I feel they are learning to be frustrated too, from me. And I dont want that for them.

Hatred4none
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:49 AM

That really wouldn't be helpful. What I'm thinking to do is send my dd to day care for a couple hours while my ds is in school two days a week, that'll give me time to unclutter my mind. Well at least until my mil gets here. Then I'm sure she wouldn't mind if I went on an errand or three during that time.

Quoting Anonymous:

My family is outta state. The only family close by is dh gma who is almost 90. She couldn't help if she wanted to. I hate getting frustrated with him too. I don't want him to grow up in that kind of household. I wish I could start smoking again :(

Quoting Hatred4none:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)