Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"oops baby/man trapping" S/O

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

I just find it hard to believe this is really that common.  Though I'm sure it happens.  I never felt compelled to somehow get knocked up without my SO's full consent and approval, but people seem to think women are just waiting to scheme some way to sneak some sperm.  

I think making a baby is a huge deal, and I wouldn't want to do that with someone who wasn't ready or wouldn't feel fatherly and supportive.  

But how often do you think this really happens or personally know it happened (and hearsay from guys...eh I find that questionable.)

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AA2.0
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:20 AM
I know of one case. A girl I know personally, and I got this information straight from her, had a baby in an attempt to keep her man. It's so stupid because she and the guy cheat on each other constantly. Smh. I definitely believe that it happens, but I don't think it's as common as some people want to think.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
horseap
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Oh yeah, Ive posted on here a few times lately about Hubbys friend and his serial baby mama.  This chick is loony!

*OK, let me edit this*  I know it wasnt so much she got pregnant so he would stay... it was more of a financial life line for her best interest.  There, that sounds more fitting.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
lendales_mommi
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:27 AM

It happens not as often as we think though LOL personally i only know of one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:33 AM

You must not live in Michigan, girls do it all the time here to get or keep a man or if married avoid going to work.

JacksonGirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:40 AM
It happens but what I find more disturbing and more common are the women that have babies to guys they don't know or barely know. What's the plan behind that one?
marinenonstop
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Actually... a few of my in laws purposely got pregnant without their so consent. One of them was actually trying to do it AGAIN with a new man because he had money and got them their own place. She had only known him for five months and was living with him and trying to get pregnant even after he said he didn't want children. He was fine taking care of her daughter.. but he just didn't want any right now. Well she was afraid that he was going to end things with her because she doesn't work...doesnt go to school and actually has a baby sitter for her daughter three days out of the week because she "needs a break". So she thought if she got pregnant he would have to deal with her. Yea..they just split up and she moved out. She doesn't know if she's pregnant or not.. but is hoping not because she said he turned out to be a jerk. The other ones that got pregnant did it so their bfs wouldn't leave them. They are currently single now...with kids.

My former bff was dating this really crazy woman. I kept telling him she seemed off and he should take precautions. He said, "no she's on the pill." Yea..she got pregnant twice. He and i are no longer friends because she is absolutely nuts. She called the police on him for kidnapping when he brought his son to a family picnic of mine. Our families are all very good friends. Im actually extremely close to his sister..so its not as if i was only friends with him. We were best friends for thirteen yrs, i am a happily married woman but i would never try to get in between is relationship with his children... so i removed myself from the equation. I didn't need nor want the stress.

So yes i believe it happens, however if a man truly does not want children he should wear a condom. No bc is 100 percent effective and stuff happens..people forget to take it, it fails, they take antibiotics. Protect yourself and wear a condom.
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:48 AM
I think it happens WAY more than people actually want to admit. How many females are going to actually admit that they got pregnant, on purpose, without the consent of the man because they wanted a baby? I doubt they would come forward because they know that's fucked up and don't want to be called out for it.
1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:54 AM

My son has a sister who was concieved by her mother for the sole purpose of hoping to "snag" their father. Didn't work at the time and she tried to talk the father into giving her another child recently. She refuses to get over him and still tries to convince him to be with her for the sake of their daughter. He wisely was snipped about a year ago. My son is 13, the daughter is 3.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:15 AM

Wow guys need to wear some damn condoms, but apparently a lot of them don't want to.  My SO and I never went without condoms before we were ready to ttc even when I was on the pill because we both wanted to be extra careful with all the stories of bc failure.  I could never fully trust the pill even though I knew for sure I was taking it, its just too scary.  

I don't understand people being so casual and having accidents.  But we're both very cautious people.  

Tinabee88
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:18 AM

I think it's more common among teenagers and young adults (25 and under) who are in relationships they just know are, "going to last forever." They never do. I've never been involved in a sitatution where I needed to trap a man with anything so no first hand experience just what I've observed over my short years on this planet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)