Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you buy stolen goods

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:15 AM
  • 21 Replies
I know a guy, he can get you almost anything. Real designer handbags, cell phones, laptops, uggs, timberland boots, designer jeans, even hair!. He sells them really cheap. Yesterday I ran into him and he had 5 women "ordering" from him. I had to lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:17 AM
Nope, I have no reason to. Are you sure they aren't counterfeits?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:20 AM

NO.....with my luck his whole operation would be busted by the FBI. and I would be arrested for receiving stolen property...No thank you, lol

JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:22 AM
They're stolen. I was tempted to buy a birken bag he had. So I checked it out. Def was the real thing. Plus when he stops you, he'll tell you of he doesn't have it, tell him what store and he'll get it.
I was like wtf. Lol

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Neuro
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:22 AM

No, not if I know that they are stolen. Even if you do not know for sure that they are stolen, if you are getting an IPhone 5 for $50 and it isn't busted, it's cherry, then you can still be considered culpable based on the common sense knowledge that you're not going to get something like an IPhone 5 for $50 in any legal transaction.

It's too big of a risk for me, legally. I'm not interested in designer handbags and shit anyway. The electronics might be tempting but like I said, culpability.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:23 AM
No I wouldn't, it's wrong to steal and knowing items are stolen makes me a thief too if I took them.
JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:24 AM
Lol. The effed up thing is the cops sit in one of those mobile police trucks on the corner. He just ignores them. Lol. Matter of fact, everyone does.

Quoting Sassy762:

NO.....with my luck his whole operation would be busted by the FBI. and I would be arrested for receiving stolen property...No thank you, lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:25 AM
What did you buy? I'm surprised he can get hold of Birkins.

Quoting JakesMom712:

They're stolen. I was tempted to buy a birken bag he had. So I checked it out. Def was the real thing. Plus when he stops you, he'll tell you of he doesn't have it, tell him what store and he'll get it.

I was like wtf. Lol

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:27 AM
I didn't buy anything. But I did check out his "merchandise". He was offering the birken for 110, and when I started walking away he was lowered it to I think 80 or 90.

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Quoting JakesMom712:

I was like wtf. Lol

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:29 AM
No offense but the average Birkin runs for $16,000. I doubt it is real if he was selling it for $100. Even second hand they can be up to $10,000.

Quoting JakesMom712:

I didn't buy anything. But I did check out his "merchandise". He was offering the birken for 110, and when I started walking away he was lowered it to I think 80 or 90.

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Quoting JakesMom712:

I was like wtf. Lol

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:31 AM

I wouldn't be worried about the local cops either BUT the FBI......that is totally different, lol

Quoting JakesMom712:

Lol. The effed up thing is the cops sit in one of those mobile police trucks on the corner. He just ignores them. Lol. Matter of fact, everyone does.

Quoting Sassy762:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN