Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Remember that you are Dust * A Christian post*

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:26 AM
  • 46 Replies
3 moms liked this

Genesis 3:19

English Standard Version (ESV)

19 By the sweat of your face
    you shall eat bread,
till you return to the ground,
    for out of it you were taken;
for you are dust,
    and to dust you shall return.”

wedding countdown

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beautiful31mom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Figured this was appropriate considering it is Ash Wed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:04 AM
What does Ash Wednesday have to do with being a Christian?
Beautiful31mom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Watch this short 2 min video and it will explain it.

wedding countdown

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Thank you for your posts everyday, it's a great way to start the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beautiful31mom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:08 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you for your posts everyday, it's a great day to start the day.

You are very welcome!

wedding countdown

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:10 AM

bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:14 AM
Ok, I'm a Christian. I'm fully aware of what lent is. I'm fully aware of what fasting and praying are. I just do not understand why you chose to label this a Christian post when Ash Wednesday / lent is a catholic practice. In the Christian world we do not recognize lent. I'm not bashing. Just pointing out the slight discrepancy within your title and post content.

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Watch this short 2 min video and it will explain it.

Beautiful31mom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, I'm a Christian. I'm fully aware of what lent is. I'm fully aware of what fasting and praying are. I just do not understand why you chose to label this a Christian post when Ash Wednesday / lent is a catholic practice. In the Christian world we do not recognize lent. I'm not bashing. Just pointing out the slight discrepancy within your title and post content.

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Uh it is not just a Catholic Practice, We are Lutheran and we practice it, there are other demominations that practice it as well.  I labeled it a Christian post because It is a bible verse. Regardless of whether you practice lent or not, it is still a Christian post, because of the bible verse.

wedding countdown

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Ah, I see. Again, wasn't trying to bash. Just did not see the correlation. I get it now. Btw. Didn't realize Lutherans considered themselves Christian. I thought they were a branch of the Roman Catholics...

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Uh it is not just a Catholic Practice, We are Lutheran and we practice it, there are other demominations that practice it as well.  I labeled it a Christian post because It is a bible verse. Regardless of whether you practice lent or not, it is still a Christian post, because of the bible verse.

Beautiful31mom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Ah, I see. Again, wasn't trying to bash. Just did not see the correlation. I get it now. Btw. Didn't realize Lutherans considered themselves Christian. I thought they were a branch of the Roman Catholics...

Yes, we are we are like Catholic light. we are actually the closest to the Catholics without actually being Catholic. You should really look into the history of Martin Luther ( Not King JR) The Older one. He had quite the history! LOL! Pissed a lot of people off too.

wedding countdown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)