Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

doesn't anyone just enjoy being a wife and mom?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:49 AM
  • 516 Replies
77 moms liked this

why all the partying posts I was drunk and this happened or high and that.  what ever happened to settling down and being a wife and mom? I partied before I was a mom now I put my family first. believe me they grow up fast be a good mom settle down and raise your kids give them something to respect

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:54 AM
42 moms liked this
Wow. Did you really just say that. I'm a good mom, actually a great mom to my kids and while yes my life is about my kids, they do have a father who can take care of them to as do lots of other moms. And some of these mom has shared custody, I dont I am married to the boys dad but still. He watches them and I go out at night after I have put them to bed and party with my friends once in a while, does that make me a bad mom hell no. And im sure that is how other married mom do it and single moms do it when dad has them. So take that shitty ass comment and shove it.

Btw I am happy being a wife and mom, but that is not all I am.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MammaPaparazza
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:55 AM
4 moms liked this
I do :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krystyneh
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:56 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't party or smoke. I'm currently 9 weeks pregnant so can't do any of that stuff but even before I never did that. I don't see the point. I love going to BBQ's but DH and I don't get drunk or smoke.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:56 AM
3 moms liked this

I go "out" about twice a year with my best friend. Sometimes we stay local and I'm home before the sun comes up and sometimes we go to a different state for the weekend. There is usually a concert involved. I don't think it's excessive and I believe I deserve adult time with my bff. We have a weekend planned for next month and I'm counting down the days. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:01 AM
4 moms liked this
DH and I go out for our birthdays and maybe a couple other times...a year! the rest of the time we are with our children 24/7. if we choose to drink at the house it's never to get drunk, rare occasion anyways. but we do smoke, and it's always after our children are down for the night. in no shape or form are we bad parents, our children always come first.
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:03 AM

I don't go out partying never really did. I don't drink. Dh and I go out on dates 4-6 times a year.

momaof8
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:05 AM
7 moms liked this

I didn't say anything except put your kids first. If your not doing that then yeah you should be a better mom. What if your drunk and your kids need you? You are in charge 24 hours a day of life altering decisions for someone elses life. Things turn on a dime. Sure go to a movie dinner ect but why get sloppy drunk or high? What if there were an accident and you need a clear head to make serious medical decisions and your out some where drunk? Three of mine were in a serious car accident out of the blue I was deciding who to allow life flighted where and what surgeries to sign for. You can't be responsible for anothers life and be high or drunk. wether or not your a good mom is on you. 

Quoting H't anab818:

Wow. Did you really just say that. I'm a good mom, actually a great mom to my kids and while yes my life is about my kids, they do have a father who can take care of them to as do lots of other moms. And some of these mom has shared custody, I dont I am married to the boys dad but still. He watches them and I go out at night after I have put them to bed and party with my friends once in a while, does that make me a bad mom hell no. And im sure that is how other married mom do it and single moms do it when dad has them. So take that shitty ass comment and shove it.

Btw I am happy being a wife and mom, but that is not all I am.

GoddessAnna
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:08 AM
7 moms liked this
I'm not just a wife and a mom, though. I'm a friend and a student and a bit of a rabble-rouser too. I love my husband and my kids, but my entire life doesn't revolve around them.

That being said, I'm not a huge partier. I did get my husband and his best friend to do shots in a bar during playoffs, though. I also closed a pub in England with some younger college students last spring. Every once in a while I like to do something silly like that - I make sure my kids are in safe hands and I have fun.
Fabulous24
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:12 AM
10 moms liked this
I love being a wife and a mom but those aren't the only thing that define me. I have a career, despite having a husband I am independent.GASP! I have a life outside of my husband and kids. I actually have friends! Friends that meet up for lunch, dinner, spa days, go to concerts, trips, shopping etc. I'm not a drinker or a smoker, niether are my friends. I still dance ballet, go to the gym. All things I did before kids and a husband I just do them in moderation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momaof8
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:13 AM
2 moms liked this

All I am saying is put your kids first. If your doing that great!  But what if God forbid there was a medical emergency? Would you be able to make those life altering decisions whie you were closing the bar? 

Quoting GoddessAnna:

I'm not just a wife and a mom, though. I'm a friend and a student and a bit of a rabble-rouser too. I love my husband and my kids, but my entire life doesn't revolve around them.

That being said, I'm not a huge partier. I did get my husband and his best friend to do shots in a bar during playoffs, though. I also closed a pub in England with some younger college students last spring. Every once in a while I like to do something silly like that - I make sure my kids are in safe hands and I have fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured