Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

doesn't anyone just enjoy being a wife and mom?

Posted by   + Show Post

why all the partying posts I was drunk and this happened or high and that.  what ever happened to settling down and being a wife and mom? I partied before I was a mom now I put my family first. believe me they grow up fast be a good mom settle down and raise your kids give them something to respect

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Replies (41-50):
New.OrleansLady
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:09 AM
2 moms liked this

I left all that behind when I willingly got married at 21. Once we got married we decided to leave that behind even though we didn't have kids yet. Now DS is 2.5 and I can't tell you the last time I had a drink. Dh drinks wine with meals sometiems or a dark beer depending on what we are eating but it's usually one. I don't get the people who still act like they have 0 responsibility. The ones that do that I feel aren't ready to leave the youth/partying behind. IMO I was done with that and was looking forward to my "mayberry" lifestye that I love. Yes, I can do so much more with my life to bring money in but honestly, I don't want to. We live comfortably, I get to watch DS grow up and I don't want the big corporate life for me. I leave that up to DH and I do the housewife/mom thing. I wouldnt have it any other way :)  to each their own though!

Lizardannie1966
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Haven't read any of the other replies but I'd imagine there are quite a few responses that basically state that a woman can be that great wife/Mom yet still get stoned and drunk.

As long as their kid's are not around or directly affected during/after they're doing this, I don't really care. Not something that I like to do, but to each their own.

I gave up pot smoking many, many years ago. I honestly didn't like the effects it had on me and I hated the smell of it. I rarely drink. One drink puts me at tipsy plus as a Diabetic, it can raise my blood sugar levels.

Quoting momaof8:

why all the partying posts I was drunk and this happened or high and that.  what ever happened to settling down and being a wife and mom? I partied before I was a mom now I put my family first. believe me they grow up fast be a good mom settle down and raise your kids give them something to respect

ittybit2012
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:16 AM
I go out and party sometimes. My parents are the ones that keep my girls. We also have a medical POA if something happens and I'm not home. Which is rare anyway.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ninjakids
by Christina on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:20 AM
When i go out drinking (which is rare noe with school) my kods aee always at sleepovers with the grandparents, never once have they been exposed to someone drunk. I think Im doing a pretty good job ;)
matofour
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:25 AM
2 moms liked this
What does going out have to Do with being a mom?

I am many things, not just a wife and mother.

For what it's worth, I don't drink or party (never have). But,as long as the kids aren't drinking and partying why can't a mom do both?

Sure some people take it too far.

The majority don't.

If someone wants to go party, and leaves their kids with someone they trust for a night. It doesn't take away from being a mother.

Mother doesn't equal martyr.
mimi0815
by Mimmie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:28 AM
I love being a wife and a mom but those aren't the only thing that define me. I have a career, despite having a husband I am independent.GASP! I have a life outside of my husband and kids. I actually have friends! Friends that meet up for lunch, dinner, spa days, go to concerts, trips, shopping etc. I'm not a drinker or a smoker, niether are my friends. I still dance ballet, go to the gym. All things I did before kids and a husband I just do them in moderation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile

Exactly the way I feel only I don't dance ballet:) I like to spend time at the gym boxing .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I agree 100%. But I also think that just because you have kids, you shouldn't forget who you are and that you still deserve a life, and a break. Personally, I grew up the moment I found out I was pregnant.

My mom on the other hand, did not. She's close to 50 now and still parties and drinks all day/night. She was like this all of my childhood - and was a single mom, so I went through it all my life (her disappearing for days, her too hungover to take me to school, forgetting my school stuff, missing P/T conferences, never being able to join school activities, never having money for field trips, even though she worked 60 hours/week and made money, etc...)

curlycupcake
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Amen. We lots of BBQs and parties here at home to. Our friends come and bring their kids & dogs. We drink beer & wine & the kids run around and play. It's awesome. During the summer we swim. I've got regular girls nights. Plus I work part time at a horse ranch. And ride regularly.
I totally dedicated to my kids and husband. I love my life. But I'm more than Leo's wife & Sophia & Julian's mom. And I think it's a good thing. One day the kids will grow up and go away. If I've wrapped my entire identity around being their mom what will that leave me once their on tinier own?

Quoting Hanab818:

Wow. Did you really just say that. I'm a good mom, actually a great mom to my kids and while yes my life is about my kids, they do have a father who can take care of them to as do lots of other moms. And some of these mom has shared custody, I dont I am married to the boys dad but still. He watches them and I go out at night after I have put them to bed and party with my friends once in a while, does that make me a bad mom hell no. And im sure that is how other married mom do it and single moms do it when dad has them. So take that shitty ass comment and shove it.

Btw I am happy being a wife and mom, but that is not all I am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myloves.050709
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I have never really been a go out and party type person.  Even before kids.  Now I have no interest in doing any type of drugs or even drinking.  I haven't had a drink in well over a year just because I don't choose to.  I like my choices.  I like being a mom and wife. 

mary841108
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I am very happy with just being a wife and mom. The only time I go out is if the husband and kids are with me and we go to his aunts or out to eat. Oh sorry I went to a bag party last week with DH's aunt and the only party I am planning on anytime soon is a scentsy party LOL (woot oh yeah im a wild child lol) I dont drink or anything so going out to bars is completely useless to me. Plus, I am married, what the hell do i need to go to a bar for anyways?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN