Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

doesn't anyone just enjoy being a wife and mom?

Posted by   + Show Post

why all the partying posts I was drunk and this happened or high and that.  what ever happened to settling down and being a wife and mom? I partied before I was a mom now I put my family first. believe me they grow up fast be a good mom settle down and raise your kids give them something to respect

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Replies (511-516):
wingsfour
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:47 AM
I think you need to think of you and your family..and quit judging other moms..some moms like to have fun with the girls and remember that they not just a wife and mom but a friend..As for me I stay home a lot and once or twice a year go out and yes i do drink.im a great mom..but that is my choice and doesnt make me a bad mom or say I don't put my family first... I always do..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrs_turner2006
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:45 PM
We don't party or do anything crazy. When we go anywhere, our son is with us and the people we're with are parents. My life revolves around my son and I am with him every second of every day.

That being said, people need more in their lives. Going out and having a good time away from your kids is good for both the parents and the children. It helps the adults stay sane and teaches the children that the entire world doesn't revolve around them.
KittysMa
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:58 PM
I get what ur asking. I didn't see anywhere in that comment that u called anyone a bad mom. I'm with my DD dad...6 years now. She's. 2. We aren't married but they are my family. Its just my personal choice to not go out anymore. No one told me or asked. I enjoy being with them both. When we have all the kids we hope for and I'm done raising them at home, ill be out and about again I'm sure. I used to drink, smoke and pull all nighters, I'm just taking a long break from it now. My all nighters are a little bit different these days. :)
xxshelbyxxx
by Scarlet begonias on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:20 AM
Exactly Thank youuuuu

Quoting LAXmom21:

This and OP - if people happen to go out a few times a month but don't get drunk or go out and get drunk  once or twice a year so be it. Maybe it's there 40th birthday, a family wedding, WHATEVER, as long as 1 parent is sober or they are with grandparents it's NOT a big deal. I understand what happened to your family, but that is rare. Getting drunk every weekend all year long, that would be an issue for me, but that's just me. As long as people's kids are well cared for, it's not my business what they do.

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

You're are so fucking annoying! You've quoted every single comment with the same reply: "that's fine BUT do you get so drunk you aren't able to make decisions for your kids?" How many times are you gonna fucking ask that!? I mean seriously, all these women are just telling you they have lives outside their kids, not one of them said they get schwilly drunk or high when they go out. They said they enjoy a glass of wine or beer now n then. And yea some moms said they smoke every once in awhile. None of these women AREN'T capable of caring for their kids that's ludicrous!

Quoting momaof8:

no one said to give up outside interests or friends ect, but are you getting so out of it if your kids needed you    you would be useless?  And how would you deal if you were too drunk to help if they needed you? If someone else had to make those decisions for your child?

Quoting itsm3:

totally this.

just because you're a parent doesn't mean you have to give up things you enjoy.  while i can no longer party anymore (simply because i physiclaly can't stay up all hours of the night - i get too tired by 10pm), i still go out, have fun with friends, cultivate my own interest/passions etc.  if it means going out to celebrate a friend's bday at a bar/club, i go. 

when you give up everything you previously enjoyed doing because you feel like "you should" or "have to", you feel lost when your kids are all grown because you've lost yourself.  jmo.

Quoting Hanab818:

Wow. Did you really just say that. I'm a good mom, actually a great mom to my kids and while yes my life is about my kids, they do have a father who can take care of them to as do lots of other moms. And some of these mom has shared custody, I dont I am married to the boys dad but still. He watches them and I go out at night after I have put them to bed and party with my friends once in a while, does that make me a bad mom hell no. And im sure that is how other married mom do it and single moms do it when dad has them. So take that shitty ass comment and shove it.

Btw I am happy being a wife and mom, but that is not all I am.

Mdot7712
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I agree with you. I'm 13 weeks pregnant with my first, and I've had numerous friends whom this post would hit hard. I have one friend in particular who got high while pregnant with both her girls, and gets high every morning while the youngest cries in her crib. It's insane.

SavdNSanctified
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Women don't know how to be mothers anymore. We've become such a selfish, immature, drugging and drinking all the time nation. It's pathetic. All people care about is having a "good time". Nobody cares about living wholesome and setting a good example.

I am a mother who is all about my kids and raising them right. I don't drink or smoke or go to bars or clubs. The only thing I do is take care of my kids, my husband and my home. When I go "out", it's with my husband, to a movie or dinner. Not out galavanting around town acting like a 21 year old fool.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN