Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

doesn't anyone just enjoy being a wife and mom?

Posted by   + Show Post

why all the partying posts I was drunk and this happened or high and that.  what ever happened to settling down and being a wife and mom? I partied before I was a mom now I put my family first. believe me they grow up fast be a good mom settle down and raise your kids give them something to respect

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Replies (21-30):
liz.1986
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:30 AM
I enjoy being a wife and mom. I also enjoy having some adult time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:33 AM

totally this.

just because you're a parent doesn't mean you have to give up things you enjoy.  while i can no longer party anymore (simply because i physiclaly can't stay up all hours of the night - i get too tired by 10pm), i still go out, have fun with friends, cultivate my own interest/passions etc.  if it means going out to celebrate a friend's bday at a bar/club, i go. 

when you give up everything you previously enjoyed doing because you feel like "you should" or "have to", you feel lost when your kids are all grown because you've lost yourself.  jmo.

Quoting Hanab818:

Wow. Did you really just say that. I'm a good mom, actually a great mom to my kids and while yes my life is about my kids, they do have a father who can take care of them to as do lots of other moms. And some of these mom has shared custody, I dont I am married to the boys dad but still. He watches them and I go out at night after I have put them to bed and party with my friends once in a while, does that make me a bad mom hell no. And im sure that is how other married mom do it and single moms do it when dad has them. So take that shitty ass comment and shove it.

Btw I am happy being a wife and mom, but that is not all I am.

momaof8
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:33 AM

no one says not to, but are you getting so messed up you couldn't be there for your kids?

Quoting liz.1986:

I enjoy being a wife and mom. I also enjoy having some adult time.

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:34 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm happy as a wife and mom, but that's certainly not the sum of who I am as a person.  I'm not one to go out, get drunk and "party", but I do enjoy a night out with my girlfriends, a glass of wine and good conversation and do it a couple times a month.  

I think they'll respect the fact that I didn't martyr myself to motherhood, but continued to be my own person.

momaof8
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:36 AM

no one said to give up outside interests or friends ect, but are you getting so out of it if your kids needed you    you would be useless?  And how would you deal if you were too drunk to help if they needed you? If someone else had to make those decisions for your child?

Quoting itsm3:

totally this.

just because you're a parent doesn't mean you have to give up things you enjoy.  while i can no longer party anymore (simply because i physiclaly can't stay up all hours of the night - i get too tired by 10pm), i still go out, have fun with friends, cultivate my own interest/passions etc.  if it means going out to celebrate a friend's bday at a bar/club, i go. 

when you give up everything you previously enjoyed doing because you feel like "you should" or "have to", you feel lost when your kids are all grown because you've lost yourself.  jmo.

Quoting Hanab818:

Wow. Did you really just say that. I'm a good mom, actually a great mom to my kids and while yes my life is about my kids, they do have a father who can take care of them to as do lots of other moms. And some of these mom has shared custody, I dont I am married to the boys dad but still. He watches them and I go out at night after I have put them to bed and party with my friends once in a while, does that make me a bad mom hell no. And im sure that is how other married mom do it and single moms do it when dad has them. So take that shitty ass comment and shove it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Just because you become a wife and mom doesn't mean you have to stop having adult time.

Beautiful31mom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:37 AM

I enjoy being a Wife and Mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:39 AM
I hate drinkin an smokin not the type of mom that would do that couldnt anyway cause im pregnant
Kmary
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Where is your spouse during this life-threatening situation you keep mentioning?  My dh and I are not what anyone would call partiers.  But on the very rare occasion that I have a few glasses of wine, he will not drink at all so that at least one of us is totally of sound mind and body.  Most parents I know do this as well. 

Quoting momaof8:

All I am saying is put your kids first. If your doing that great!  But what if God forbid there was a medical emergency? Would you be able to make those life altering decisions whie you were closing the bar? 

Quoting GoddessAnna:

I'm not just a wife and a mom, though. I'm a friend and a student and a bit of a rabble-rouser too. I love my husband and my kids, but my entire life doesn't revolve around them.

That being said, I'm not a huge partier. I did get my husband and his best friend to do shots in a bar during playoffs, though. I also closed a pub in England with some younger college students last spring. Every once in a while I like to do something silly like that - I make sure my kids are in safe hands and I have fun.

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:40 AM

if i were to ever go out and get hammered one night, my dh is there.  my dh went out with his friends and got so drunk he came home, woke up and was still drunk.  not a typical thing he does but it was his bday and his friend was visiting from africa.  i was with dd all saturday morning while he tried to sleep it off and when it was time to go run errands, dh got up and came with us, hung over and all.  did i look at him differently? did i think he was a bad father?  hell no.  he let loose one night and still owned up to his responsiblities.  big deal.

i dont know anyone who is "so out of it" on a regular basis from partying at my age but if i happen to go out on saturdays and drink then that's my business.  does that make me a bad  mother? not at all.  i'll still be there for my family.

Quoting momaof8:

no one said to give up outside interests or friends ect, but are you getting so out of it if your kids needed you    you would be useless?  And how would you deal if you were too drunk to help if they needed you? If someone else had to make those decisions for your child?

Quoting itsm3:

totally this.

Quoting Hanab818:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN