Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Feeling them slip away.

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:39 AM
  • 21 Replies

I will preface this by saying that I am PMSing and I have PMDD, so I am overly emotional right now.

I am really starting to miss homeschooling the minions. I feel that the bonds we worked so hard to form are slowly slipping away and so are my children. I don't know their friends, even though we've tried to set up play dates. I get frustrated with my sons teacher because she seems to be so inflexible about the little things that are inconsequential. (This will be a completely different rant in a few minutes) Even the time we get together in the evenings are interrupted by homework. 

I wish homeschooling them again was an option but it just isn't for us anymore.

They enjoy school and are doing really well. They will comment occasionally on missing the time we spent together but it isn't enough to want to homeschool again.

I am trying so hard to fill our weekends with quality time but it just doesn't seem to be the same.

Anyone else feel this way? Anyone else miss their kids while they are at school?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cristie0911
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Awww. I miss my kids when they are at school :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:46 AM
2 moms liked this

I think just about every mother misses their kid(s) while they are at school.....

ksueditz
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Every time we have a school break, it makes it even harder for me to send them back. After Christmas break, I was so upset, I almost decided to homeschool. :( in 6 months my youngest starts preschool and I'm going to be an emotional wreck.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:15 AM

BUMP!

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:17 AM

*hugs*

I'm sorry your miss them. It's difficult to get used to, but you will.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

God,you all sound like self-absorbed narcissists. Your kids need socialization. Their world is not your world and it will become more so, the older they get. The name of the game is to set them up for independence and then kick their a**es out of the nest. Even birdies know that lesson.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:32 AM
*hugs* as a homeschoolers, I can't imagine sending them to school. Try to remember why you put them in a b&my school when you get lonely. 8
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

God,you all sound like self-absorbed narcissists. Your kids need socialization. Their world is not your world and it will become more so, the older they get. The name of the game is to set them up for independence and then kick their a**es out of the nest. Even birdies know that lesson.

My kids are extremely independent and always have been. I like having my children around and we enjoy spending time as a family. Even when we homeschooled they had friends and outside classes.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:52 AM

BUMP!

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I miss my daughter when she is at school, just as I miss my husband while he is at work. I am very glad at the end of the day when everybody is home for the night.

I am not, however, an emotional wreck about it or anything. I go about my day doing what needs to be done and getting the housework done so evenings are family time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)