Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Questions about child support..payng it not getting it persay

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Hey ladies,

so i have a question about child support. first off i want to say i DO believe the man or women should have to help out raising there children... ok now onto my questions.. my hubby pays child support and has to have the child on his insurenece she is currently getting a good amount a week and now the insurenece has gone up so she gets almost as much as hubby brings home... cant support be lowered since his insurenece went up?   i wish she would have to show what she uses that money on.. im so pissed because i know she doesnt use all that money on the child... would it even be worth hubby time to go back to domestics? ugh im just so angry and upset etc.... do any of you ladies deal with a rude,bitch of an ex who thinks she can still run her exs life  blah....

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:02 AM
I got nothing so here's a bump.
unspecified42
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Depends on state law, but that's between him and the state, not him and his ex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:05 AM
4 moms liked this

When you receive child support, this is how it works, for some.  You get the money and put it into your account with the rest of the money.  If not an account, somewhere else, but it basically gets thrown in with other income.  Then you pay for things.  Things like bills, food, stuff the kid needs etc.  Then you have whatever you have left over.  As long as her bills are paid, the kid is fed and has things he/she needs, where the money goes isn't really up to you.

Also, the child support and insurance are two separate things.  No, from my understanding, when insurance goes up, child support does not get lowered.  He still has to pay what he pays.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Here's an idea...don't marry someone who already has a kid then you can quit bitchin about him having to pay CS...SMFH
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this

If the child was living with him, it would cost the same amount to support him/her regardless if the insurance went up, so no, I don't think support should be lowered because insurance went up. Does that make sense? 

I'll be the money is being spent on the child, whether you think so or not. She's paying bills for her home, I assume, and buying food and things like that....so, she doesn't have to directly give the child the money every month or go out and buy a bunch of stuff for the child each month. By paying bills and buying food, toiletries, things for the house that the child uses, etc...the support money IS going to the child, even if indirectly. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:08 AM

it just sucks cause i know how she is and she doesnt always get what the child needs hes a teen now but still she buys his love and not gives it from the heart

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Sorry to tell you this but if you didn't want to get involved with baby momma drama you shouldn't have married a man who has a child/children by another women. Child support like it or not is something you have no control over, get used to it. Just because the cost of living goes up doesn't mean the child support goes down. The child has needs regardless and he has an obligation to that child/children. If he can't afford child support and health insurance then maybe he should look into a better paying job. I'm in the same boat. My Dh pays child support to his 11 year old daughter. He provides health insurance, pay half of all medical bills, school functions and activities. He sends her money on her birthday and Christmas. Neither one of us complain we do it because it's the right thing to do. Sometimes you just have to buck up and be the bigger person.
cupcake_mom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Depending on the state law he can get it lowered. i would def go to court. child support should only be half of what he makes, in my state anyway. and maybe even less if he has insurance on the child. maybe he should call a lawyer who has a free consolt. and go from there. good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Sunshine
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:11 AM

The order can be modified based on his income. I am not sure if it can be lowered based on his Insurance though.

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Is the kid going hungry? Is it walking around naked? It's none of your damn business what the money is spent on, as long as the child is taken care of. That is the most irritating shit ever. Who cares if clothes were bought with my debit card or my child support card. They were bought regardless for my child.

But yes, he needs to file for an amendment thru child support enforcement. They'll review it and decide if it's eligible for a new court date.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN