Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

flying with a 2.5 yr old.. answers quick! UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Thanks for the replies! I called TSA just to make sure and what she told me about the chef boyardee cup is that.. as long as it doesn't contain more than 3.4 of liquid. So it doesn't matter that it the container is over 3.4 oz it's the sauce inside..lol how the heck am I supposed to know that?! Anyhow, I guess this is out. She did tell me I can bring sandwhiches ( even for us) they just have to be in a zip lock bag ( so it doesn't spill on the conveyor belts during screening) I can bring more than 3.4 oz of juice or milk for Ds. She said if there is anything I'm questioning I can bring it but put it isomething that can be thrown away if needed incase they tell me no. I have to applaud the rep I talked to . She was VERY helpful and she was really nice and even called me back because she forgot to tell me if I bring anything like we were talking about just put it in a separate bin and let them know it's there. Also let them know I am traveling with a toddler and we shouldn't have any issues. First time in a while I had that good of phone customer service!

I'm flying out in 3 hrs. We're going from Dallas to NYC for a business trip. DH and I have our 2.5 yr old with us ( his nanny is in nyc) Usually it's a quick trip and leave DS while we go but it's a little longer and we're taking him with us. What are the toddler restrictions for liquids and snacks? Last time he flew with us he was under a year old so I had his bottles with me and the 3 oz rule didn't apply to him. Now though, does he have to follow the 3 oz rule? I bought some little chef boyardee cups ( gross I know but we're flying during lunch he never eats these things) I wanted something commercially sealed. Can we take that? What about juices pouches or anything like that?   Normally I'd bring a few peices of fruit and some cheese crackers but it's a 3.5 hr flight non stop from 10:15-2:30 :-/.

I have the ipad, books little toys and coloring book. I'm just stuck on the snacks lol

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:16 AM

bump!

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Snacks are ok. They wouldn't let my son take more then 3oz of liquid in his sippy cup. I brought fruit snacks and sliced apples and stuff like that. Good luck.

Shani527
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:19 AM
i just recently flew. i brought caprisuns, lunchables, those cheese crackers w pb in the middle, and fruit snacks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Bring an empty sippy cup rather than juice boxes, you can get juice on the plane, or after you go through security.

I'd bring some fruit, some crackers, things like that.  I don't know what the chef boyaredee things are, but yuck - will he eat them cold?  How large are they? I think you'd do better buying food in the airport after going through security - a bagel, something like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:24 AM

it.s a 7oz container. I never had them but I was looking for something quick and easy. the one i have says no preservatives. The ingredience also lists tomatos, macaroni, iron, beef and  in the less than 2% catagory is high frucose corn syrup.

He rarely gets HFCS but I make exceptions every now and then... 

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Bring an empty sippy cup rather than juice boxes, you can get juice on the plane, or after you go through security.

I'd bring some fruit, some crackers, things like that.  I don't know what the chef boyaredee things are, but yuck - will he eat them cold?  How large are they? I think you'd do better buying food in the airport after going through security - a bagel, something like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:27 AM

idk if he would eat it cold.. I the last time the plane had a microwave the stuartess (sp) warmed up his bottle for me. I know I can't rely on that but ahhhh it's frustrating bc I'm trying to avoid him getting cranky lol

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Tea4Tas
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I always bought food after we got thru security.  You can usually get fruit and sandwiches or bagels or muffins. I took an empty sippy and filled it after we got thru security. Sure it costs more-but it's not worththe hassle of packing 3 ounces of juice.

jacandjay
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Oh the chef boyardee things are gross.. should have gone for something else... i def agree with buying food in the airport .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN