Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am disgusted

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Short back story- my husband's aunt ,Jane has had custody of her grandson kyle for about 11 years. He is 13. We have always suspected her boyfriend of sexually abusing him since childhood and have reported it but nothing has ever been done. He has a lot of behavioral issues.

About a year ago Kyle was caught in the act trying to molest his 3 year old cousin Robert. He was sent away for a year and is now back.

Today I found out that Jane just got custody of Robert and Kyle is also living with her. To make the situation even worse the same boyfriend is also living with her. They both do drugs on and off. I am absolutely disgusted that a judge would give her custody of that little boy! Is there anyway the judge didnt know about Kyle attempting to abuse Robert?

****names have been changed to protect the innocent
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Call cps! Get an investigation going.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Call CPS. Thats all i got
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Don't they do drug tests before placing the child in someone else's home? I would contact CPS over and over until they do something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:28 AM
CPS has been called several times by multiple people.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Call cps! Get an investigation going.

momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Omg. Call CPS, but make sure you have EVERY bit of proof you need on hand. You've pretty much got one good shot at it, so make it count. Of course you can make as many complaints as you want, but the first one really gets attention. Good luck. Poor kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:29 AM
I'm sure they do but most hard drugs only stay in the system for about a week.

It was like a custody battle. The parents willing gave her the child

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't they do drug tests before placing the child in someone else's home? I would contact CPS over and over until they do something.

smushy79
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Call CPS

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:33 AM
I have called more than once over the course of 7 years. I started calling when she just had Kyle because it was very clear to me that he had been sexually abused.

Their standards must be really low because she keeps passing. They also call before they make the visit. There is no proof that her boyfriend abused Kyle just speculation. Kyle has been to treatment for what he did. Not that it will help since he was stuck right back in that shitty house

Quoting momof3jam:

Omg. Call CPS, but make sure you have EVERY bit of proof you need on hand. You've pretty much got one good shot at it, so make it count. Of course you can make as many complaints as you want, but the first one really gets attention. Good luck. Poor kids.

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I don't really understand the system either. One of my friend's "baby mama" just got joint custody after only pissing clean ONE TIME. After she has already tested positive for meth, oxy, and weed SEVERAL times. Since she's had visitation she has already burned the child on his face with a cigarette, waited 4 days to take him to a doctor with a 103 degree fever, and failed to mention about his cavity that's been festering for months. He now has to have his tooth pulled at 4 years old. She doesn't even take him to his preschool program. They even cook meth in their trailer, do it, and sell it right in front of him.

momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:36 AM

That is just terrible   :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I have called more than once over the course of 7 years. I started calling when she just had Kyle because it was very clear to me that he had been sexually abused.

Their standards must be really low because she keeps passing. They also call before they make the visit. There is no proof that her boyfriend abused Kyle just speculation. Kyle has been to treatment for what he did. Not that it will help since he was stuck right back in that shitty house

Quoting momof3jam:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN