Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How would you handle this situation?

Posted by   + Show Post
I dropped ds off at daycare and slipped and fell in a huge puddle of water. The water was in the room ds is usually in but since he goes early, he's upstairs until 7:30 and we're told to put the kids belongings in their designated classroom. I have no idea where the water came from but there was no caution signs around. My knee and ankle are killing me right now and I'm thinking about going to the hospital.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Quoting Ideal_Lady:

How do you know if I have insurance or not? Should I be responsible for the bill?

Quoting silverdawn99:

Ahhh yes the all important how much should i sue for question.....nothing. its a daycare. Take some advil and let them know what happened

You will be-you never reported the accident to the daycare.  It will be difficult to get their insurer to pay based on what you have said.

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I'm sorry you fell. If it had been me I would have just told someone that there was water on the floor so others wouldn't slip on it. You really think they should be responsible for your medical bills?

mackiebugsmom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:10 AM
You should have told them, someone else probably fell on the same spot...i actually would have wiped it up. There is nothing you can do now, if you rushed out of there it's not broken and suing the daycare should not even be a thought in your head..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I don;t think she is talking about suing. Normally if you hurt yourself outside of your own home-in a public place or even in someone elses home, there is insurance to cover it. In this case, her NOT having reported it at the time might cause the insurer to NOT pay. Because if it was bad, and dangerous, why would you have left and not SAID anything?  A child could have been hurt.

Ideal_Lady
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM
No I didn't tell them yet and I shouldn't be responsible for the co payment, if I have money or not.

Quoting silverdawn99:

With all the money you supposdly have i should think you insurance. Did you tell them what happened?

Quoting Ideal_Lady:

How do you know if I have insurance or not? Should I be responsible for the bill?

Quoting silverdawn99:

Ahhh yes the all important how much should i sue for question.....nothing. its a daycare. Take some advil and let them know what happened
Ideal_Lady
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Yes they should be responsible for any portion my insurance doesn't cover. Would you pay for their negligence?

Quoting scarletmeshell:

I'm sorry you fell. If it had been me I would have just told someone that there was water on the floor so others wouldn't slip on it. You really think they should be responsible for your medical bills?

Ideal_Lady
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:17 AM
That's what I'm afraid of.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Ideal_Lady:

Quoting silverdawn99:

You will be-you never reported the accident to the daycare.  It will be difficult to get their insurer to pay based on what you have said.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Quoting Ideal_Lady:

Yes they should be responsible for any portion my insurance doesn't cover. Would you pay for their negligence?

Quoting scarletmeshell:

Oh no, YOUR insurance won't cover it AT ALL if you did it where soeone else's insurer should be covering it.  You are risking having to pay it all yourself. Call the daycare NOW and have them contact their insurer and go from there-you do NOT want to get between 2 insurance companies fighting over this bill.

Ideal_Lady
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I'm not trying to sue them but going to the emergency room, will cost me money.

Quoting mackiebugsmom:

You should have told them, someone else probably fell on the same spot...i actually would have wiped it up. There is nothing you can do now, if you rushed out of there it's not broken and suing the daycare should not even be a thought in your head..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Quoting Ideal_Lady:

Quoting scarletmeshell:

How were they negligent?  If they didn't know about the water-there IS NO negligence.

YOU don't know where it came from...so how is it negligence?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)