Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Getting married on Vday

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies

Sweet? Tacky? Romantic? Cheap?

Every year there is always a mass wedding on Valentine's day in our city so I was just wondering what you ladies think about people getting married at one of those. Not renewing their vows but getting married. 

Would you do it? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I was thinking about doing it...lol.  Not because it is Valentine's Day, but because I just happened to go apply for our marriage license on Monday and there is a three day waiting period.  Thursday is the first day we are legally eligible to get married.  I don't really care what day we get married on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I wouldn't, but don't care if others do. My BIL got married on vday. They are weird though, and THEY are tacky.

m0mmyheather
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Too cheesy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

No I would not . I live in Ma. It's too flipping cold and you could get a storm that interferes with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's tacky. Way to ruin all of your guest's Valentine's Day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Awwwwwwwwwww how exciting! Any baby yet??

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I was thinking about doing it...lol.  Not because it is Valentine's Day, but because I just happened to go apply for our marriage license on Monday and there is a three day waiting period.  Thursday is the first day we are legally eligible to get married.  I don't really care what day we get married on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
In general tacky .I will say I dont like vday anyway though so... The only one I thought wasnt tacky was my friends they chose the day not because it was vday but because it was her moms bday and her mom died the year before she felt like getting married on her moms bday would make it feel like her mom was a part of things.
TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Lol, I was thinking, "What guests?"  I forgot about the actual wedding.  We would just go to the JP if we get married tomorrow.  We haven't made actual plans to, so I doubt it will happen though.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it's tacky. Way to ruin all of your guest's Valentine's Day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Tacky

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Not yet. It should be soon though. I had that night of contractions all night that got very close together.  They stopped, but I have been losing mucus plug ever since that.  This morning, there was a bunch with blood..yuck...lol.  But, it is a sign. I have been hoping for a Valentine's baby the entire pregnancy.  It will be funny if it actually happens.

Quoting Anonymous:

Awwwwwwwwwww how exciting! Any baby yet??

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN