Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone watch "Dance Moms" last night?

Posted by   + Show Post

I fell asleep, and I wondered if anyone knew the reason that Sophia and her mother didn't show up for the contest?  Of course I didn't record it!

I can't believe I missed the best part! LOL

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Replies (11-20):
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:23 AM
2 moms liked this

Abby left on the phone with someone but I dont think it was the cops, I would have called on her....does anyone here think that Cathy looks like Miss Yvonne from Pee Wee's Playhouse?

Quoting jerseydiva:

Did they call the police over Cathy hitting Abby with the purse?  I saw the previews, but don't know the outcome, lol

sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I thought so too. 

Quoting Josie_P:

Didn't Abby say she sent them back to LA?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

they just left but I thought I heard abby tell the mothers that she sent them away which I think Abby didn't want to look like a fool.  I find that bull though if I heard right of course

sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Incredibly boring. That's all I could think when I was watching it. I really liked the boys' routine though. 

Quoting BabyBrooke13:

was it just me or was that avalanche routine boring compared to other things they've done

sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I thought the entire fight looked faked anyway.

Quoting shivasgirl:

Abby left on the phone with someone but I dont think it was the cops, I would have called on her....does anyone here think that Cathy looks like Miss Yvonne from Pee Wee's Playhouse?

Quoting jerseydiva:

Did they call the police over Cathy hitting Abby with the purse?  I saw the previews, but don't know the outcome, lol

just_hc
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I think most of the show is staged for ratings.  But you think the competitions are fake also? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe they were tired of doing fake competitions. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh Abby was defintley just trying to get out of looking dumb. she'd never send them away before a Competition. Sophia was her little princess

Quoting Anonymous:

they just left but I thought I heard abby tell the mothers that she sent them away which I think Abby didn't want to look like a fool.  I find that bull though if I heard right of course

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:27 AM

It's on my DVR. I'm going to watch it later. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:28 AM
That show makes me mad i would never put my kids through that. That woman is a bully. She emotionally verbally and mentally abuses those kids. I think on some level she cares about them but frankly she is completely immature. Yelling at kids for what their parents do saying look how you hurt me blah blah blah. She is an adult and should start acting like it. By the way she always screams at the kids for crying saying tears are for the pillow and yet she cried guess she is a big baby like she called kendall. She is mean to everyone but gets upset when they are nasty to her
romalove
by SakePrincess on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I have never seen a dance school act like Abby's.  First of all....anyone who's done dance competitions knows there is not one national champion, there can be many different national champion competitions.  Second, they don't learn a new routine a week, they learn routines and perfect them over a season.  Yes, the mothers can be cut throat but what is going on here is beyond anything I have ever experienced.  

Only a crazy person would continue to have their child in a dance school where the focus is on the owner winning and not on their child advancing in their craft.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)