Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone watch "Dance Moms" last night?

Posted by   + Show Post

I fell asleep, and I wondered if anyone knew the reason that Sophia and her mother didn't show up for the contest?  Of course I didn't record it!

I can't believe I missed the best part! LOL

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Replies (31-40):
Cristie0911
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, it's fake or at east what I got out of the conversation with Jill. She said that she was pretty much set up to have to go to Ohio. She said it was far from where she lived and she was glad it was over. She didn't say it was fake, it just seemed by the way she told the story. 

Quoting clearlyme:

I'm sorry, the feud between Cathy and Abby has to be fake. They are terrible actors. Especially the men visiting the room and standing in some line like its a gang war and they are fighting over territory? They took the fake a little too far.

just_hc
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep.  And I"m sorry.  I've been involved in the dance world for many years.  Dance DADS are few and far between!  Even if it's boys dancing generally it's still their Mom there not Dad.  Yet Cathy's team is stocked full of loud, over bearing Dance Dads.  Yeah right! 

Quoting clearlyme:

I'm sorry, the feud between Cathy and Abby has to be fake. They are terrible actors. Especially the men visiting the room and standing in some line like its a gang war and they are fighting over territory? They took the fake a little too far.

mommybecky
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Abby said Sophia left because of her. I think Sophia's mom didn't like the way that Abby yelled at Kendall and didn't want that to happen to Sophia.

My girls dance competitively. I would never stay at a studio where the owner talked to my kids that way, or to me. Abby is out of control. Honestly, it's abuse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cristie0911
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM
2 moms liked this
Cathy always seems like she has different dancers all the time. I can't stand her.
danijean
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree Sophias mom actually had some sense to get her daughter out of there. Yes it might of been unprofessional but I'd take that over letting her scream at my daughter. Abbey just said she sent them away so she didn't look like a fool.

Quoting mommybecky:

Abby said Sophia left because of her. I think Sophia's mom didn't like the way that Abby yelled at Kendall and didn't want that to happen to Sophia.

My girls dance competitively. I would never stay at a studio where the owner talked to my kids that way, or to me. Abby is out of control. Honestly, it's abuse.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
just_hc
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I feel the same way.  I would never allow my daughter to be treated that way.  But from what I hear that is also a lot about ratings.   I wish my daughters coach would yell a little more most of the time.  She's too easy on them. :)

Quoting mommybecky:

clearlyme
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Right? Those men looked ridiculous. If it was real and I saw a group of men trying to pull that intimidation tactic on a woman, I would call the cops. I don't care how mean Abby is, it was taken too far. Cathy is such a fame whore. Those boys aren't even the fruit of her own labor.

Quoting just_hc:

Yep.  And I"m sorry.  I've been involved in the dance world for many years.  Dance DADS are few and far between!  Even if it's boys dancing generally it's still their Mom there not Dad.  Yet Cathy's team is stocked full of loud, over bearing Dance Dads.  Yeah right! 

Quoting clearlyme:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Ratings or not, the girls' feelings appear to be genuinely hurt by the things Abby says....and I don't think that's right at all. I wouldn't put my kids through that. 

Quoting just_hc:

I feel the same way.  I would never allow my daughter to be treated that way.  But from what I hear that is also a lot about ratings.   I wish my daughters coach would yell a little more most of the time.  She's too easy on them. :)

Quoting mommybecky:

jucyfrut
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:41 AM

OMG that Cathy is so freaking annoying.  She loves to be an instigator, doesn't she?

Quoting clearlyme:

Right? Those men looked ridiculous. If it was real and I saw a group of men trying to pull that intimidation tactic on a woman, I would call the cops. I don't care how mean Abby is, it was taken too far. Cathy is such a fame whore. Those boys aren't even the fruit of her own labor.

Quoting just_hc:

Quoting clearlyme:

While you were too busy being so judgemental of others, you forgot to lock your closet door~~and all the skeletons fell out!!  OOPS!!

sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Yep...and I'm sorry, if I was the parents of the kids on Cathy's team...I would have been appalled at that kind of behavior. I mean, they came from all over the place for their boys to dance, and the instructor is acting like a 2 year old. 

Quoting clearlyme:

Quoting just_hc:

Quoting clearlyme:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)