Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Becoming a SAHM

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:21 AM
  • 6 Replies
I am a 27 year old married mother of a 15 month old little girl. I have worked for as long as I can remember. For the last 7 years I have worked at a wal-mart distribution center doing 13 hour shifts sat, sun and mon. Doing manual labor with no heat/ac. It has been a rough 7 years. Also working there until 37 weeks of pregnancy (have no idea how I did that work in the summer while big and pregnant). FINALLY my dreams of being a SAHM have come true. My husband got a promotion and will be working more hours and making more than we did with both of us working. I have suffered from ulcerative colitis since 2008 and this kind of work has been really tough on me. My husband wants me to stay home and focus on my health and my daughter (she has also had a lot of medical problems). This is going to be weird not working but I am so happy we have been blessed with this chance. I will be putting my two weeks in on Saturday. No more long hours, not seeing my daughter, cut up arms from the work and sore muscles from lifting heavy boxes all day. I am a blessed woman.
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AdryF
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Yays! Congrats mama! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robyann
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM

That's great!! Congrats!!! Welcome to the SAHM world lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Congratulations!

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM

My little brother has ulcerative colitis. That's no fun :(

But yay for staying home with your baby. It's the best :)

thesimplethings
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Good for you. I hope you enjoy it I know I do!

AshlynnJadesMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Ya I am so happy. Two more weeks and I am free!!! I am going to miss my co workers but definitely not the place and the work I was doing. UC def is not fun and has gotten worse over the years of working there so hopefully I will be able to get myself doing better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)