Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Verizon can kiss my ***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

We have been with Verizon for 8 years..technically we were with Alltel until they merged with Verizon. I have had the same phone number, same account..everything. 

Our contract is up soon and I was browsing online looking to upgrade and extend our contract for another 2 years. DH and I both have smart phones with an old unlimited everything plan. We only pay 120 a month for the plan we have now.

To upgrade, we will lose that plan and our bill will be about 200 a month with one of their "share everything" plans. CRAZY!

The rep told me that if I don't renew, I can still keep my current plan, just without a contract. How does that make sense? I can even buy new phones, just without the discount and add them and keep my old plan. Does anyone else find this silly?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DlovesM
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

All cell phone carrier companies are greedy bastards. 

little911
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:26 AM

yea we have verizon also...we have 3 phones and were paying 120 a month with unlimited texting and we shared 700 mins , we upgraded in oct and now we have the data plan cause we wanted to get new phones my husband has the iphone 4 and me and my daughter have the pantech maruader phone and now we are paying close to 200 a month..I think its so stupid

jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:26 AM

The fact they cost that much to begin with is silly, however - if you are at the end of the contract, they can do whatever they want... 

Mommy383
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:27 AM
$120 for two lines, we pay $180 and its Verizon. So glad we are getting rid of them soon.
baquick
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Wow. With AT&T as long as I don't change my plan I can keep it regardless of upgrades..... I have a very old school iPhone data plan. $25 unlimited data. If I change my data plan, switch phones or anything I lose the data plan, I can't go back to it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Damn right!

Quoting DlovesM:

All cell phone carrier companies are greedy bastards. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I think buying the phones through a third party would be cheaper in the long run.

Verizon will have pry my unlimited plan from my cold dead hands.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I agree. It is stupid. I would rather pay full price for a new phone and keep my old plan.

Quoting little911:

yea we have verizon also...we have 3 phones and were paying 120 a month with unlimited texting and we shared 700 mins , we upgraded in oct and now we have the data plan cause we wanted to get new phones my husband has the iphone 4 and me and my daughter have the pantech maruader phone and now we are paying close to 200 a month..I think its so stupid

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:29 AM
That's why we switched to sprint. Dh and I have unlimited everything and the $30 Internet plan that allows our phones to be hotspots... We pay $160 on average. It changes because of taxes, but it's never been over the $160. We both have iPhones.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Thats pretty much what I told the rep. I would rather pay full price for a phone than give them an extra 80 dollars a month for LESS service. an extra 80 a month for 2 years would be close to 2,000 dollars! 

Quoting Anonymous:

I think buying the phones through a third party would be cheaper in the long run.

Verizon will have pry my unlimited plan from my cold dead hands.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)