Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

As a parent, would you be offended if I told you that you were doing it wrong?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
A girl that I am acquaintances with posted a picture of her little girl on fb yesterday. She is 3, and in a low back booster seat. The little girl is much heavier than my almost 5 year old, but I'm pretty sure she's much shorter. Anyway, the little girl is sitting in the LLB, with the lap belt on her legs and the shoulder strap tucked behind her. I'm not usually one to get into other people's business, or chastise someone's parenting choices, but I can't stop thinking about how dangerous that is. My 42 pound child is still in a 5 pt harness, and from the looks of the little girl, she needs to be too :-/. I don't want to offend mom, but I want to tactfully educate her on the dangers of her car seat situation.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momsince04
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Then post an educational link to her inbox and let her read it. It's up to her to do anything about it, but providing her with the info is good.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Idk, in my experience, people are never happy to be educated on anything. LOL here's a bump, maybe somebody else has a good idea!

starbuckmom03
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I have posted a link or video about carseat safety to my own facebook page and make it like I am doing it as a reminder to myself or those who are interested in carseat safety.   That way I am not pointing fingers and most likely the person who needs to see it will see it and hopefully take notes.

You should find aritcles on the law of 4 and 40lbs for high back boosters and until then, kids need to be in 5point harnesses.

toopicky429
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:37 AM
When I see something like that I make my status something about carseat safety and proper installs without calling anyone out.
XxPixiesworldxX
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I personally wouldn't be offended but car seat safety is important to me... I would send her a private message and a good link on car seat safety and good link on car seat laws for you're area. Let her know your just passionate about safety and you did alot of research. It can sometimes take the blow if you say that you were doing it wrong too, before someone informed you (even If that isn't true).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Is her name Rhiannon? Lol
KristenandCaleb
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I would try to break it to her nicely. That is really important, so I'd definitely try to break it to her somehow.

angevil53
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Honestly it's none of your business. Just be happy your child is safe.
othermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:44 AM

No I would not feel bad. I have talked to a few people about car seats and honestly have to fight not to tighten the straps on seats. I have done it a few time with people

JLah
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I posted  story about heavy coats and car seats. I did it on my page. My friend read it but still does it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)