Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

money and other issues eta

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
Have you loaned a family member money and they promise they'll pay you but don't?

I loaned 2 cousins money one on my moms side one on my dads side. My cousin on my moms side has no kids and will pay it back(it was $60).

My cousin on my dads side has one kid and won't pay it back. Yet she spends her money on trips and calls me a bad parent because i don't do the same. Infact She is getting ready to file for bankruptcy and wants to move into the complex my daughter and i are in now(i don't need the trouble because she is just that).

I don't want her near me she says she wants to move in out here because it's nice and quiet. She may dress nice and have a car but she's ghetto and talks about nothing but money.

Her lil girls dad wants to be in his daughters life but mom won't allow him. She has blocked his number his moms number and his grandparents number to stop them from calling.

i've told them both try and be civil he's willing but she isn't i told him flat out to get a lawyer and take her to court for his rights he refuses says he has no money.

Should i cut my cousin on my dads side completely off if she doesn't pay back the money she owes me and how can her daughters dad see his lil girl?

Eta

Just spoke with my cousuns daughters dad he's sober and going to school :) he says he hasn't touched weed in a month and asked if he could come hang out with me tomorrow he's my brothers best friend and really not my type lol
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I'd cut the cousin off, not necessarily for the money she owes, but for the drama she seems to carry around with her. I can't handle all that drama, too much unneeded stress. 

As far as the father seeing his child, if he really wants to he'll find a way to get visitation. He doesn't have any money is a very poor excuse. If it was really important to him he'd find the money, work at McDonalds or whatever. He's just making excuses and looking for sympathy. 

ttriddick
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I never lend money to anyone with the assumption it will be paid back cause more often than not it isn't. That's up to you. Sounds like its a lot more than the money.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:48 AM
His own grandparents told him to quit smoking weed and go to court for his rights he won't but always brings it up to me.

My cousin has tried to let him see their lil girl thxgiving they were at my brothers and got into it in front of the lil girl and my nieces and nephew and she tried running him over.

I'd love to help him but i'm not a lawyer.......

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd cut the cousin off, not necessarily for the money she owes, but for the drama she seems to carry around with her. I can't handle all that drama, too much unneeded stress. 

As far as the father seeing his child, if he really wants to he'll find a way to get visitation. He doesn't have any money is a very poor excuse. If it was really important to him he'd find the money, work at McDonalds or whatever. He's just making excuses and looking for sympathy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)