Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Scales

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:37 AM
  • 5 Replies

Have any of you ever used the Quantum scale? I ordered one last night. I hate to weigh myself and this scale doesn't show how much you weigh. It internally records your weight but doesn't display it the first time you step on it and then at your subsequent weigh-ins it will only show the pounds you've gained or lost according to the weight it has recorded. So if you gain 2 pounds it will only put up +2 on the display. If you lose it will show -2. It is only a 1 person scale. Would you use this? Do you think it would be helpful for weight loss?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
itsm3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:46 AM

no.

scales are inaccurate to begin with because anything can throw off your number.  people naturally fluctuate between 2-5pounds, sometimes more.  what you ate that day ie. if it made you bloated, if you're extra gassy, where you are in your cycle etc are all weighed by the scale.

go by inches lost only.  invest in a tape measure instead and use that to gauge your progress.

AthenaGrace
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:50 AM

That sounds pretty cool! Dunno if it'd be helpful though...I'd keep a regular scale nearby just in case as well. How much did you pay for it?

davnrori
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Around $60.

Quoting AthenaGrace:

That sounds pretty cool! Dunno if it'd be helpful though...I'd keep a regular scale nearby just in case as well. How much did you pay for it?

AthenaGrace
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Hmm...I'd like to get one. But it is a bit pricey. Good luck with it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I prefer a regular scale because of fluctuations. You can see trends more easily that way, like you go from bouncing around 150 to bouncing around 140. To see that with a zeroed scale you need to chart the numbers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)