Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to know more about...(a religious post don't open if you're sick of them)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Incarnation. I was really interested and now I can't find the post! Enlighten me.

Right now I'm not really religious. I believe in god but I also think the Christian god seems very cruel and judgmental. I "want" it to be more like "hey if you have a good heart and try to do things good then you're in" kinda thing
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Bump
hisgirlalways
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I think that people preach the " Christian God " to be like you said this very cruel and judemental God but I myself have read somethings in the Bible that do not make Jesus/God to be that..I see him as being the opposite...like when the Pharisees brought Jesus the women that got caught in adultery they said the Law say they are to stone her and this is what happend....

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11 “No one, sir,” she said.

“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin."

To me he was the only one that could have stoned her to death and he didn't..he showed Mercy for her...I personally am always touched by this...and as far as incarnation idk....

marisab
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM

like reincarnation????

jillbailey26
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:09 AM

It's a spirit taking on a human or earthly form.  In Christianity (some of it anyway) it's similar to the hypostatic union.  Jesus being one person, fully God and fully man.  Incarnation is just the act of becoming human, while still being God.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

jillbailey26
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Quoting marisab:

like reincarnation????

Close.  Incarnation is a spirit coming into an eartly form.  Reincarnation is it happening more than once.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

shahidarina13
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi,emm well I think if incarnation is true,then I see no value in life.If u done bad once,then  u incarnate as a bad person.And if u do good,then u incarnate as a good person.That dosen't seem logical to me.To me,after graduating university,I would want to have good life,not go back to university and go get the degree again.Its seem the effort is pointless.To me,I would like to have a god that created me and everything around me.And this god,cares for me and sustains me.Then,he give me orders to do something or tell me how to do things I would think that it is logical for me to obey this god.Then,after I die,I think it is fair that I am rewarded for my obedience or punishment for disobedience.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Incarnation is the belief that we choose our parents so we can learn lessons to complete our cycle. Something like that. Not about karma

Quoting shahidarina13:

Hi,emm well I think if incarnation is true,then I see no value in life.If u done bad once,then  u incarnate as a bad person.And if u do good,then u incarnate as a good person.That dosen't seem logical to me.To me,after graduating university,I would want to have good life,not go back to university and go get the degree again.Its seem the effort is pointless.To me,I would like to have a god that created me and everything around me.And this god,cares for me and sustains me.Then,he give me orders to do something or tell me how to do things I would think that it is logical for me to obey this god.Then,after I die,I think it is fair that I am rewarded for my obedience or punishment for disobedience.

shahidarina13
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

so when do u choose ur parents?so the kids got abused by their parents chose the wrong parents?

Quoting Anonymous:

Incarnation is the belief that we choose our parents so we can learn lessons to complete our cycle. Something like that. Not about karma

Quoting shahidarina13:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Your soul could never grow and learn if you chose the same easy comfortable life every time. You (your soul) chooses challenges in every life so that they can learn the lesson they have chosen. You cannot know true joy without sorrow. Someone who has done more research and soul searching could probably provide more answers that is just how I understand

And I was abused so don't play that card with me. I am just now beginning my spiritual journey and I'm interested to learn about as many as possible!

Quoting shahidarina13:

so when do u choose ur parents?so the kids got abused by their parents chose the wrong parents?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shahidarina13:

shahidarina13
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM

FYI i was also being abused

Quoting Anonymous:

Your soul could never grow and learn if you chose the same easy comfortable life every time. You (your soul) chooses challenges in every life so that they can learn the lesson they have chosen. You cannot know true joy without sorrow. Someone who has done more research and soul searching could probably provide more answers that is just how I understand

And I was abused so don't play that card with me. I am just now beginning my spiritual journey and I'm interested to learn about as many as possible!

Quoting shahidarina13:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shahidarina13:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)