Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

LENT: what are you giving up?

Posted by   + Show Post

I've don't sweets, soda, even meat.

I want to give up something that matters.

NO BASHING THIS POST. If you don't give up anything, then at least be nice.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Replies (51-53):
dbrown1989
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I'm giving up fast food. With working two jobs...and one of them being in the mall...this is going to be quite an interesting challenge since 50% of the time I eat on the run.

lynettemommie4
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:20 PM

This is what I was thinking also. Ill still give something up but once the fourty days is up im not starting it back up.

Quoting kfroz0415:

Nothing. I figure I can give up soda, chocolate, or Facebook for 40 days. Then at the end of the 40 days, I have learned I can go 40 without one of the things I mentioned. 

Each year I try to do something to improve myself. This year I am going to take time every single day to do something extra with each of my boys. I already play with them and help with homework, but I want to do some special, that they choose. Whether it's an extra story at bedtime, making a craft, or playing an extra round of hungry hungry hippos. lol

I am going to do the same with my dh, I want to make it a point to compliment him at least once a day or tell him how much I appreciate how hard he works for our family. I tell him already, but sometimes I think I get complacent with the fact that I know, "he just knows," and everyone likes to hear how much they are appreciated and cared for right?  

Then for myself I am going to try to not worry/stress as much about daily life. If the last basket of laundry sits overnight with unmatched socks it is ok and less important to finish than spending a few extra minutes with my family.  

hnjen12
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:28 PM

See for me I don't really have anything that I can't live without.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)