Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want to take care of my niece and nephews. EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you take them in?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 329

View Results

My sil had her kids removed from her home last week.  She had to be hospitalized due to her mental health & her home was in shambles.  Kids are currently in 2 separate foster homes and they are looking for a relative to take them in.  My husband feels its our duty.  I am just thinking that it would be too much... the court dates, the appointments, the noise, the space, the cost...

SOCIAL WORKER IS COMING TOMORROW FOR AN INTERVIEW/HOME VISIT.  IF WE "PASS" WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET THE KIDS SOMETIME NEXT WEEK.  STRESSED, BUT THE KIDS ARE WORTH IT.  WISH ME LUCK.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:03 AM
So you just let some stay in foster care? Omg sick

Quoting Anonymous:

Been there, done that. My niece list custody of her 6 children. None of us was able to take all of them in, but we took the ones we could. Since they were in foster care we received the sane check a foster parent would.

Anonymous

I would take my niece or nephews in, but honestly it would be out of duty not out of love.  I don't really spend much time with any of them and prefer it that way.  I don't care for kids too much (mine being the exception, of course), but I would do it out of obligation.

Anonymous
Absolutely.
mommybug77
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:04 AM
No way in hell. I have 4 kids of my own. I don't have the room, time or patience for more.
leavinglasvegas
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:04 AM

My DH was a juvenile PO and often had to remove children from their homes. With all I know about that - and what being apart from family can do to children - I wouldn't even spend a moments thought on it. They'd be at my house as soon as possible. Unless I was homeless, there is no other reason not to.

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I would take them no matter the cost. You can get state help for that. No shame in it! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM
If it helps the kids and keeps them from being further tramatized, hell yes I would
illinoismommy83
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

If your kids needed care, would you want them with a relative or a strange who enjoyed the paycheck?

It may not be convenient, but the kids need you.

C.Fleury
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Without a doubt I absolutely would no questions asked ! How could you as there aunt even have to ask. You'd rather see them in a foster home ? I feel for those children and I am most defiantly on your husbands side !!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:07 AM

It would be too much, but they're family so I'd do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)