Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want to take care of my niece and nephews. EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you take them in?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 329

View Results

My sil had her kids removed from her home last week.  She had to be hospitalized due to her mental health & her home was in shambles.  Kids are currently in 2 separate foster homes and they are looking for a relative to take them in.  My husband feels its our duty.  I am just thinking that it would be too much... the court dates, the appointments, the noise, the space, the cost...

SOCIAL WORKER IS COMING TOMORROW FOR AN INTERVIEW/HOME VISIT.  IF WE "PASS" WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET THE KIDS SOMETIME NEXT WEEK.  STRESSED, BUT THE KIDS ARE WORTH IT.  WISH ME LUCK.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Do not take in these kids out of obligation, they deserve someone who actually wants them.
FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Without question.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Autumn07
by Kat on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:07 AM

If it was me and my sil, yes, I would take them. His family is my family.

cupcake_mom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:08 AM

there is no way in HELL i would let strangers take car of my bother or sis in laws kids! those kids wouldnt even be in a foster home now! you are beinf selfish and hope your dh trumps you on this and takes them kids. you are unbelieveable! no wonder you are going anon. on this one.

where is the kids father?

i still cant get over the fact that you dont want to take them. there is tons of gov help for "foster" parents to help with the cost of the kids. you need to see a lawyer. and the noise get the hell over it! the space you might just have to deal with, do own your home? if not maybe you could move into a bigger home and find one that is about the same amount in rent. good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
It wouldn't be a question. How would you feel having your Mom taken away from you and your own aunt not wanting you? Quit thinking about yourself and think about your poor niece and nephew and how scared they have to be.
Anonymous

Look I said yes in the poll. Just because that is what  I would do. It depends on how old the children are, and what their issues are as well. If you don't think you can handle the stress you would not be doing them any favors of bringing them into a household where they feel unwanted. Foster home are there because these people have the desire and want to help children. I'm sure they are in a good place. I would prefer for them to be together though. It is your call honey, and your husband has to understand that you are the one who is going to be the primary caretaker. I just want to let you know that you will get the foster care reimbursement rate for your state. In Texas it is around 650 per child a month.

Anonymous
No. My sister has two of them, I have two of them and my brother has one. The oldest is 13 and in a youth facility because he was molesting his younger siblings and cannot be in a home with younger children. My niece was a meth user. And "sold" her oldest to pay for her meth. All but her oldest are with family. They all see each other all the time.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you just let some stay in foster care? Omg sick

Quoting Anonymous:

Been there, done that. My niece list custody of her 6 children. None of us was able to take all of them in, but we took the ones we could. Since they were in foster care we received the sane check a foster parent would.

mariesmama
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:08 AM

i'd rather they go to family that at least cares about them kids are abused every day in fostercare

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Of course I would take them in.  They need stability right now and if you can provide it, you should.

Master_Debater
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Yep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)