Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want to take care of my niece and nephews. EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you take them in?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 329

View Results

My sil had her kids removed from her home last week.  She had to be hospitalized due to her mental health & her home was in shambles.  Kids are currently in 2 separate foster homes and they are looking for a relative to take them in.  My husband feels its our duty.  I am just thinking that it would be too much... the court dates, the appointments, the noise, the space, the cost...

SOCIAL WORKER IS COMING TOMORROW FOR AN INTERVIEW/HOME VISIT.  IF WE "PASS" WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET THE KIDS SOMETIME NEXT WEEK.  STRESSED, BUT THE KIDS ARE WORTH IT.  WISH ME LUCK.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Replies (41-50):
Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I'd take my nephew & nieces in without question.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I hope she does a slow painful death for doing that to her oldest.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. My sister has two of them, I have two of them and my brother has one. The oldest is 13 and in a youth facility because he was molesting his younger siblings and cannot be in a home with younger children. My niece was a meth user. And "sold" her oldest to pay for her meth. All but her oldest are with family. They all see each other all the time.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you just let some stay in foster care? Omg sick

Quoting Anonymous:

Been there, done that. My niece list custody of her 6 children. None of us was able to take all of them in, but we took the ones we could. Since they were in foster care we received the sane check a foster parent would.

Jojorobyn
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Omg how rude are u?imagine if it was your kids and they felt that way you would not like it at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would take my niece or nephews in, but honestly it would be out of duty not out of love.  I don't really spend much time with any of them and prefer it that way.  I don't care for kids too much (mine being the exception, of course), but I would do it out of obligation.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SweetMama823
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I took my brothers 3 girls for almost a year when I was their last hope. I didn't even think twice! I knew I had to help somehow someway. I lived with my inlaws and we had four kids. It wad a total of 8 kids! My inlaws understood and was nice enough to open their home to my niece's as well. I'm not gonna lie I had to separate myself from my family to figure out how I was gonna handle this but I knew it would come to an end. I knew I could raise them for a couple months til their parents got their shit together but not for life. I had to stop working. I got so much help and was a lot I mean a lot of expenses, dr appts, therapy, food, teacher meetings I look back back and it was so worth everything. I was able to get Medicaid, food stamps plus a check at the end of it. I have to say that experience made me realize how strong I really am. The girls are forever thankful. We all are so much closer as a family. They were returned to their father (my brother) and he's doing a great job in giving them their life back. The hardest part was having to supervise a visitation for the hour they were able to see their dad. Telling him no he can't take the girls alone. I had to do tough love with him but he knew I was right. I was not braking no rules for mo one! He even had to pay me temp. Child support. I have no regrets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alisheamonet33
by Alishea on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:12 AM

wow i would take my niece in without a doubt i treat her no diffrent then my kids, no child with family should ever be placed in foster care. p.s i hope nothing ever happens to you and your husband and you need fanly to take your kids in with this selfish attitude your displaying right now ...smdh

xXxLillithxXx
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

If you don't want to take them in then don't. You'll probably end up being resentful towards them for no reason and thats not good either.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Yes
nicki1018
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Yes I would.
Jojorobyn
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:13 AM
I'm sorry I don't think I understand where u r coming from, those kids need ye and u would like if it was the other way around that u had some1 to take yours,i would never dream of seeing my nieces or nephews in a foster home I would be gutted,plz don't be selfish u never know u could end up adoring those kids.
Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Absolutely. I wouldn't even question it for a second. I couldn't imagine having so little comparission. Poor kids I hope they are able to find a loving home where they are wanted and can be together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)