Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else feel like Marriage isn't/was never something they should've done?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
1 mom liked this

I should've stayed single. I hate marriage. Once this divorce is over, Im not giving a man the time of day. I do not wet,sloppy kisses, living with a nasty man, affection is annoying and that lovey dovey crap irritates me.  I cannot wait to be free. Anyone else?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Yes I feel the exact same way. 

I lost so much by getting married. The dumbest thing I ever did. A stupid piece of paper and now I stand to lose everything I have built before I was even married!!! bunch of bull shit if you ask me! 

D.O.E.
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

i usually feel that way when i am PMS'ing or just being bitchy. lol

smushy79
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I enjoy being married and having that stability. After my divorce from my ex, I felt alot like you described though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I used to think "shacking up is horrible". My attitude has changed and I've seen the light! If I had lived with my STBX first, we would've never gotten married. I love my babies though and I can't totally regret marriage because they were products of the marriage.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I feel the exact same way. 

I lost so much by getting married. The dumbest thing I ever did. A stupid piece of paper and now I stand to lose everything I have built before I was even married!!! bunch of bull shit if you ask me! 

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I never wanted to get married when I was younger, also never wanted kids. I like being married. I like not being alone. Sometimes I feel that way though,  I wish I was alone and raising my girls myself. My husband is a super slob and it's so annoying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I've felt this way for over 10 yrs. I'm sure it's more than PMS at this point.

Quoting D.O.E.:

i usually feel that way when i am PMS'ing or just being bitchy. lol

Sasha-
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:32 AM

With my first husband yes,  with my current husband; I love marriage and have for over 10 years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I couldn't take it anymore from my stbx. Right now, he has 10 pair of dirty socks in the bedroom. We're just roommates at this point. Hell, I don't even sleep in the room with him and haven't for years. I sleep in my kids room.

Quoting EvilAsh:

I never wanted to get married when I was younger, also never wanted kids. I like being married. I like not being alone. Sometimes I feel that way though,  I wish I was alone and raising my girls myself. My husband is a super slob and it's so annoying.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM

No.  I don't feel that way.  I fee quite the opposite actually.

RightSock
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I enjoy being married. I am content with my life.

I hope you find your happiness. We all deserve happiness.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)