Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

your child is Different!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 102 Replies
1 mom liked this
I said your child is different. You child has a special need it over it and stop trying to sugar coat it. Stop trying to make everyone else bend over to meet your child's need.this goes for children with allergies, ADD, ADHD, mental issues, physical issues, learning issues. Your child is different. Helps them cope with the issue but don't expect everyone else to change things just for your child.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:05 AM
4 moms liked this

So we shouldn't make bigger doorways and stalls for those in a wheelchair?  We shouldn't try to keep peanut products away from kids who will die if they come in contact with it or maybe even smell it?  We shouldn't have smaller class sizes to accommodate those with "learning issues" so they can be up to speed with everyone else?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Well, okay. Good luck with all this brilliance.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
OMG
I see this post going south & fast

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Ditto!

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

OMG

I see this post going south & fast

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:12 AM
We should not cater special to each child. Like instead of every school being handy cap accessible just one should in the district should be. If the kids allergy is that bad maybe they should be homeschooled. I don't mind smaller classes for those that are slow learners but don't expect them to be included in everything in the other classes. They should not get exempt from state test and should not graduate if they can't pass them. My sister was exempt from passing the state test required to graduate because she is retarded. Why should she get a to graduate when she doesn't know what everyone else has to know.

Quoting jillbailey26:

So we shouldn't make bigger doorways and stalls for those in a wheelchair?  We shouldn't try to keep peanut products away from kids who will die if they come in contact with it or maybe even smell it?  We shouldn't have smaller class sizes to accommodate those with "learning issues" so they can be up to speed with everyone else?

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM

eye rolling

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM

English is helpful.

Mommy383
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh boy who brought popcorn today?
BluePandaDreams
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow.  You are a special sort of ass to have this line of thought. Let's hope nobody in your family ever needs those special accommodations you are speaking out against here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:17 AM

So we should alienate the kids that are handicapped? So then they will REALLY think they are differnt. Good job contradicting yourself there darling.

Quoting Anonymous:

We should not cater special to each child. Like instead of every school being handy cap accessible just one should in the district should be. If the kids allergy is that bad maybe they should be homeschooled. I don't mind smaller classes for those that are slow learners but don't expect them to be included in everything in the other classes. They should not get exempt from state test and should not graduate if they can't pass them. My sister was exempt from passing the state test required to graduate because she is retarded. Why should she get a to graduate when she doesn't know what everyone else has to know.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)