Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How would you take this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I always go a little overboard for holidays. I like to make homemade snacks & we do gift bags for each kid & presents for teachers. (nothing to big but usually something homemade) For Valentines Day we made homemade snacks, gift bags, & a small bags of candied pecans for teachers/secretaries/etc. While in the office a child came in asking if they had any extra Valentines Day cards since her mom said they couldn't afford them. The answer was no. After she left I said I was going to go pick some extra up to donate to any child that might need some. I got 7 boxes of cheap cards that came with stickers, nothing big at all. When I went in to drop them off the ladies in the office said thank you & that it was appreciated (I gave them to the office since I don't want the kids to know who bought them & feel like a charity case) While talking to the secretary another parent who had heard what I did rudely said...What do you think you walk on water or something? It made me sad, I was just trying to make this girl feel like she wasn't left out. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:45 PM

bump??

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Wow. Rude!

atyou
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Let it roll, babe.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
My-mono-twins
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh lawdy..lol, I would have smiled and said ,yeah honey I do so move over before you get wet!!

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Bellas classes needed a stamp to mail a letter. I had a ton because of my job so i sent in a few just in case someone forgot or didn't have any and so the teacher wouldn't need to spend any. To me it was no big deal and I would think someone was stupid for making a big deal about it at all.

Caitlin1983
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Fuck her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

You should have told her you don't walk on it,  you dance!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:51 PM
The world needs more people like u <3. As someone who grew up poor. Thank you
MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:51 PM
That was very rude but don't let it get you down you did a good deed and those children will appreciate it. You just made a little kids day that was very nice of you!
anotherhalf
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I would take it as she is a very bitter selfish woman.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)