Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Those who don't receive CS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
The general consensus is that if you don't receive CS it's your fault for sleeping with a deadbeat. Is this the case with you?

In my case I was married for 9 years to a guy who worked at the same company for 10 years. We had our son after 2 years of marriage. Our daughter after 6 years. (She passed away).

After our divorce he was court ordered to pay 90 dollars a month for our son. (He was working a minimum wage job by that time.) He only pays maybe once a year. He hasn't worked in about a year. I never imagined he would be one of 'those' dads.

Of course I have never relied on CS as it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Yea most assume that all guys are ALWAYS douchebags .. when 9 times out of 10 that isn't the case at all. Then again most of the ones who assume this stuff are those with the oh so perfect life who thinks it could never happen to them ...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't get child support from my son's father because I don't want him having any rights to him or visitation. He is not a deadbeat..he works a full time job and makes decent money. He doesn't want to be a dad though...I'm not going to make him pay for a kid he doesn't even want.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:58 AM

my x is a drunk. i was way to young and made some poor choices. he owes me 3,000 right now. we are going back to court next week. regardless of why he does not pay it is still his responsibility.

DDDaysh
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I had no reason to believe this was the case when I decided to have a child with him.  He painted the picture of a caring responsible father. 

Of course, if I'd waited a little longer, I would have seen through the facade...  I also only made that mistake once! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I don't know about 9 times out of 10. A lot of them probably were always douchebags/deadbeats. Just not all of them.

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

Yea most assume that all guys are ALWAYS douchebags .. when 9 times out of 10 that isn't the case at all. Then again most of the ones who assume this stuff are those with the oh so perfect life who thinks it could never happen to them ...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:00 PM
My bd doesn't pay support, when we were together he took care if me and dd, had a good paying job and was employed the entire time. After we separated, he sated every other weekend. I obliged. He soon stopped coming to visits and I guess "moved on" with his life...
The way he sees it is, if he doesn't SEE dd then he shouldn't have to pay. Haven't received one payment and can't find him now. It's sad because he use to be such a good dad...
MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:03 PM

The only thing I figure is perhaps the mom was a poor judge of character.  But that sort of thing happens to all of us.

I blame no one but the scum sucking dad that can't even be bothered to see to it his children are supported the best he can.  If the mom is a deadbeat mom I feel the same way.  She, unless there are special circumstances, can go get a job too.

mommy404204
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I never went for child support for my son because I do not want his father in his life. his father knows about him and when I told him I was pregnant he told me he would pay for an abortion. my son is now 5 and his father has never met him. my son has a dad who has raised him since he was two.

AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:07 PM

90+% of the ones I have been around weren't always assholes or deadbeats.. My sons father is prime example, he had 2 kids prior to my son who he took care of just fine.. My son came along and all of a sudden he was a burden and his *sperm donor* turned into a deadbeat with him.. Same case with quite a few people I know.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know about 9 times out of 10. A lot of them probably were always douchebags/deadbeats. Just not all of them.

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:09 PM
People just suck don't they?

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

90+% of the ones I have been around weren't always assholes or deadbeats.. My sons father is prime example, he had 2 kids prior to my son who he took care of just fine.. My son came along and all of a sudden he was a burden and his *sperm donor* turned into a deadbeat with him.. Same case with quite a few people I know.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)