Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lower middle class sucks!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
It does! We dont get very many taxes back, make too much for PA and we still have a hard time!

Our savings is gone do to medical bills. We only had 500 in taxes and we needed to make car repairs or we would be walking in the snow.

I was hoping we would get more in taxes because my children really need clothes! My dds are growing like weeds.

*sigh* veont over
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Well maybe it just sucks for me!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I agree! Our taxes and insurance went up, but my dh's salary is the same. Gasoline is twice what it was 4 years ago, and food prices seem like they are up 50%, too. Yet, he is making the same. We keep getting squeezed more and more. Our 13 yo cars won't last forever, but I don't see how we will replace them. Oh, and we had our house appraised to get it refinanced, and it went down $30,000 from its previous appraisal, even though we keep putting every spare cent into repairing it. Last year was the roof. The previous year was the furnace and air. Our front porch needs to be replaced. Sigh!

I'm with ya!

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:07 PM

All middle class sucks. We paid in a ton to taxes, we got back 100 bucks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:08 PM

You suck too :)

momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I know. Ugh.

adulation
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I'm surprised you don't qualify for anything for EIC if you're lower-middle class... it's based on adjusted gross income.....  Anyway, it sucks for me too, but basically because I have to live in a not-so-great neighborhood in order to live within my means since I don't make much, and I really wish my daughter could grow up in a better area with better schools.  :/  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I'm getting $200 back in taxes its atleast $650 to fix my car, I owe over $10,000 in bills and I have a 3 year old son and I'm 15 weeks pregnant. I work one day a week and that barely covers diapers no lifes not just hard for you. And I'm not trying to be a bitch lol I'm just letting you know that is hard for a lot of people right now
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:22 PM
I'm fully aware that people have it worse. I'm not a moron

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm getting $200 back in taxes its atleast $650 to fix my car, I owe over $10,000 in bills and I have a 3 year old son and I'm 15 weeks pregnant. I work one day a week and that barely covers diapers no lifes not just hard for you. And I'm not trying to be a bitch lol I'm just letting you know that is hard for a lot of people right now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)