Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Hate Pregnant Hypochondriacs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

I'm 8 months pregnant, and there is this other mom that is also due right around the same time that drives me BONKERS!  I would call her out on her BS except for the fact that it would create a lot of drama that I just don't want to deal with, so I've just kept up with her and pushed my irritation aside.

When the pregnancy was very new she was very very pro c-section, vaccinations, and formula.

As the pregnancy progressed and we moved through the months, it turned out many of us in our group are very natural/attachment type parents that are pro natural childbirth, pro VBAC/VBA2C, pro breastfeeding, delayed/no vaccination.

As the majority opinion started to turn this way, all of the sudden she has alllllllways been all about the vbac and natural birth, despite posts from the beginning of her pregnancy stating she would DIE if her baby wasn't a c-section by 37 weeks, she would never endanger her babies health by trying to have a vaginal birth, if she doesn't have a 100% monitored epidural birth she and baby will die, etc.  But of course now, she will be having a totally drug free natural VBAC and allowed to go into labor whenever her body decides.  Even though at 10 weeks she claimed doing this would kill everyone involved.

Now granted, yes you can change your opinion on how to birth, it just amused me that it completely coincided with everyone elses opinions on how birth should go.

And now, she has every ailment in the book that every other pregnant mom has.  She talks about going to labor and delivery weekly (my god, they must hate her there and can't wait for her to give birth just so she'll leave them the hell alone with all her crying wolf).

Someone has herpes?  All of the sudden SO DOES SHE!

Someone has low amniotic fluid?  OH MY GOD, SO DOES SHE, AND HER DOCTOR IS MONITORING HER FOR IT!

Someone has pre-e?  Guess what?!  SO DOES SHE.

And on top of all of this, she claims to be a L&D nurse, yet knows next to nothing about actually working in L&D. 

Is this a disease?! Why do people feel the need to steal everyone elses health ailments to turn the attention on themselves?  I don't understand!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:46 PM
O•O

Oy!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Lol

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

O•O

Oy!!!

LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Oh boy!
ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I don't know why but you made me laugh.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Lmfao.....  sounds like my cousin's grandma.  :l  You say your head hurts... hers hurts worse.  You say at the dr today your bp was high she supposedly went to the dr today too and got the same reading.???  Uhh granny you did not have an appointment today???  Silence *changes subject*  :P  Bless her heart !

LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM
3 moms liked this
*Waits for the hypochondriac to come in here*
MomTo2Boys12
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:50 PM
I can't believe you're letting a stranger make you THIS irate. I'm pregnant too, and I know I'm hormonal... But I'm not going to lose my damn marbles over somebody who needs endless amounts of attention . Especially if I can simply close the browser and ignore it.

If it was family, then I could see it getting really annoying... But a person over the Internet?

Chill.
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:51 PM
She just wants to be included. I don't know why. Maybe she just wants attention, again, I wouldn't know why.

I like blending in with walls.
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

*Waits for the hypochondriac to come in here*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN