Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

State Farm insurance Sucks. They are NOT a good neighbor... EDIT

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

So on Monday, we traded in our 1998 Ford Taurus for a 2004 Chevy Suburban. I called my insurance company today to see if I could get everything switched over to the truck. 

I am currently paying $63 a month for the car. They wanted $250 a MONTH for insurance for the truck... WHICH IS MORE THAN MY DAMN CAR PAYMENT! 

So I decided to do some insurance shopping. I called Progressive. They want $86 a month for the SAME DAMN COVERAGE. Full Coverage. Oh my goodness... When I told the progressive guy how much State Farm wanted he said "You've got to be kidding me!!!" Nope. State Farm sucks.... They aren't a good neighbor... lol

*EDIT* We have no tickets. None. Not a single one between the two of us...My husband drives a semi for a living, so it should be a lot lower.... lol I will be happy when we switch to progressive. I guess it doesn't help that we are 21 and 23. lol 

I made sure the lady explained everyting to me ain detail... the 250 was a MONTH... which is ridiculous and that was with a 1,000 dedutable. Ugh. lol 

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrstompkins
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Yikes! We used to have sf for home insurance. Someone broke into our garage and stole tons of tools and we filed a claim. They dropped us two months later. :(
DayDreamer1201
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM

That's horrible!! I was so mad... I'm not paying more for insurance than I do for the truck itself... that's just.... ridiculous... I was about to tell my husband to take the truck back lol

Quoting mrstompkins:

Yikes! We used to have sf for home insurance. Someone broke into our garage and stole tons of tools and we filed a claim. They dropped us two months later. :(

DayDreamer1201
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:19 PM

BUMP!

kryptomom
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Sounds like some one at State Farm gave you some bad info.

DayDreamer1201
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Either that or State Farm is just horrible. lol

Quoting kryptomom:

Sounds like some one at State Farm gave you some bad info.

cmabbott
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Are you going to bitch when it costs you around $100 to fill the gas tank and having to fill it twice as often?  That's what happens when you have a car loan on a newer vehicle.

ETA: your premium goes up for the 6 month period, deduct whatever you have already paid for the car whatever is left is what you owe for insurance.  Ours went from $43/mo (car was paid off) to $140 for full coverage.  It will drop in April when our new premium rolls around.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Wow, I just switched over from Progressive to State Farm.  I saved $100 by doing that.

That's weird, huh?

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Plug that thing into your car. You will save more money
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:36 PM
You must have a bad driving, record.
nikki554
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:37 PM

They did this to me when I had my old jeep. One year I was paying like 65 dollars a month for full coverage insurance with them. Then one day I got a notice and they said that because of the number of claims that were filed on that make and model in the previous year they were going to change the insurance policy through the company and thus higher premium. It went up more than 100% and I was paying  190 a month for it. It has ABSOLUTLY nothing to do with my driving history. We had never filed a claim with our insurance company but because alot of other people did we had to pay. And we had to have full coverage because we had an auto loan on the jeep. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)