Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lent ...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:10 PM
  • 15 Replies

So I'm not religious, at all lol but I have decided to partake in Lent this year.

It starts today and runs until March 30th (the last day).

I am giving up my morning latte/mocha and sticking with simply brewed coffee. This will save me not only money, but will help me in my trying to lose weight, and teach me to exhibit self control (as I drive past 3 different coffee shops in my 6 minute drive to work every morning!).

Are you participating in Lent this year? What are you giving up?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skittlefart
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I do it as well. SO and I are giving up all junk foods. (I really doubt he'll remember though. He always forgets what he gives up and ends up breaking. I'm no better though) 

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
NiCo86
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:15 PM

My plan is simply to take it one day at a time! if I break one day, it's only one day!!!

Now I say I'm giving up my morning latte/mocha ... that doesn't mean that if I go to coffee with a girlfriend on a weekend that I won't get one LOL just my morning before work one is the one I am giving up.

Wishing you luck!

Quoting skittlefart:

I do it as well. SO and I are giving up all junk foods. (I really doubt he'll remember though. He always forgets what he gives up and ends up breaking. I'm no better though) 

Mom2KIL
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes! I am Lutheran and do it every year. I will be giving up sugar. Lent is also a time for Chistians to reflect and repent...then on Easter, it is a new year of sorts. I will be working and praying on being a more patient mother and will also focus on being more loving and affection to my husband.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
skittlefart
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Thanks, you too :) 

Quoting NiCo86:

My plan is simply to take it one day at a time! if I break one day, it's only one day!!!

Now I say I'm giving up my morning latte/mocha ... that doesn't mean that if I go to coffee with a girlfriend on a weekend that I won't get one LOL just my morning before work one is the one I am giving up.

Wishing you luck!

Quoting skittlefart:

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I grew up Catholic and used to give up things. Maybe I will this year...

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM

not Catholic so  i don't have to give up anything. i always thought it was Catholics who followed the giving up something for lent. growing up Lutheran all I had to do for lent was go to church on Wednesday night and ash Friday.

NiCo86
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Today is day 1! If you choose to give something up, what would it be?

Quoting owl0210:

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Hmm probably junk food but that's hard lol. 

Quoting NiCo86:

Today is day 1! If you choose to give something up, what would it be?

Quoting owl0210:

M0M0F03
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:24 PM

My husband and I are giving up Dunkin Donuts, we spent too much time there :)

My daughter (15) is giving up peanut butter, and my son (13) the computer. My other son (8) tried to give up school, but I wouldn't let him...lol...so he's not participating :) This is the first year our older kids decided to do it.

Pink.Sunshine
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I'm not religious and Im not giving up a thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN