Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you feel about divorce- as a Christian woman..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
My husband and I recently separated and I am having a really hard time excepting that there's nothing more for me to do.. It's been a physically abusive and unfaithful 5 years with him.. I've finally realized that change is not realistic.. We have two small children together.. I just want to feel like I'm doing the right thing..
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:15 PM
3 moms liked this

I find it acceptable in situations where abuse (in any form) and adultery are present.  Everything else can be fixed.  I feel that God wouldn't want you or your children to be in harm's way.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I have my opinion on divorce but obviously opinions aren't Bible verses. If you're looking for what it says in the Bible concerning divorce, you're within your rights hun. Cheating is a deal breaker.

Matthew 19:9 And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

Amybarnhart11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I think in situations of abuse and infidelity it is perfectly acceptable. After all isn't it stated in the Bible that a man should honor his wife? That is not honoring my friend..

I am obviously not a strict Christian woman, but I do have a certain amount of faith in God and his word, so this is on opinion from both ends of the spectrum I suppose!

skittlefart
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM

It sucks...but I'm not against it. Really depends on the situation. Then again, I'm not THAT religious either. 

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
My-mono-twins
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Divorce can be a blessing:)

SavdNSanctified
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:22 PM
This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

Quoting jillbailey26:

I find it acceptable in situations where abuse (in any form) and adultery are present.  Everything else can be fixed.  I feel that God wouldn't want you or your children to be in harm's way.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Well, for your sake I'm hoping you don't eat shellfish or wear blended fabrics... and if you go to chruch, please tell me you don't speak in the building.  Do you also tell men when you're on your period so they don't have to speak to you?  The bible is stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

If Christianity told me I had to stay married to someone I hated because he didn't abuse me, or cheat on me, I had to denounce Christianity. I'm divorcing. I don't care what the church or anyone else thinks about it.

needsupport100
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:23 PM

i'm christian and have had 2 divorces.....one was emotionally abusive, the other, we just went waaaaay too fast.

mariesmama
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:23 PM

if its abusive and unfaithful you are doing the right thing and i think God is ok with that  i cant immagine He approves of unfaithfulness

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)