Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Made to BF in storage closet at ER!!!! WTF!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 107 Replies

i had to go to the ER on Monday. My DD is 7 months old and is EBF. So, bc i don't have any milk pumped, she wont take a bottle anyway, i had to bring my DD along to the ER. So after waiting for 10 hours i finally was taken to an area called "fast Track" which i a big room with recliners and curtains strung between them. My Dr  came in and was doing a exam when my DD started crying bc she was hungry. I asked the Dr if he minded if i BF my DD he said "No, go ahead!" and we continued with the eye exam portion. A run came in and exclaimed "OH NO!! NO MA'AM!! IF YOU WANT TO DO THAT YOU NEED TO GO ON SOMEWHERE!!! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DO THAT HERE!!" The Dr and I exchanged a confused look, she continued to on and made me get up. My eyes were dilated and i couldn't really see. I knew that what she was doing was wrong but i was to angry and tired to say anything for fear of knocking her teeth out. SHE PUT ME IN A STORAGE CLOSET. The Dr wasn't able to finish the exam, bc we got stuck in A STORAGE CLOSET. Im pissed. 

I have already tried contacting the Hospital, Vanderbilt ER. I just keep getting passed around and hung up on. I contacted 1-866-NIPFREE, and i will be contacted LLL soon. 

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babydsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
What state.are you in? Here in Colorado its illegal to ask a mother to nurse elsewhere no matter where she is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
leakymommy
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:19 PM

TN, its also illegal here.

Quoting babydsmommy18:

What state.are you in? Here in Colorado its illegal to ask a mother to nurse elsewhere no matter where she is.

leakymommy
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:26 PM

bump!!

DaLordsMezNger
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:27 PM
They tried that with me when I took my ex to the er. I stayed put.
kiralyn
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Who came in? A nun?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
BULLSH! T
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:30 PM
8 moms liked this

Piic

wiener
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:30 PM
If that were me that lady would have already been fired
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Yeah, okay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Why would you go with her? Tired or not, the Dr had already told you that you were fine so that makes no sense that the doctor would stop his exam and allow this to happen.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)