Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working moms, do you ever wish you were a SAHM?

I used to be a SAHM, but 2 years ago I went back to work after the kids became old enough not to need me at home. I just had a 6 week lay off (it happens every year, so it's not a big deal) and I enjoyed being home SO much. My house was so clean, I was back to making gourmet meals, and I had energy to play games with my kids. When I work I only clean my house 2 days a week and only cook 2 days a week (my days off) and I am so exhausted I just want to come home and put my feet up. I feel like I am missing out on so much. DH makes more than enough to support us without my income, but he wants me to work so we can have extra money for vacations and other luxuries. But he did say if I get pregnant I can go back to staying at home, he hates the thought of his kid ever having to be in daycare. We ARE trying, so who knows...

Anywho, do you ever wish you could stay at home, or are you happy working?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Replies (21-30):
kewimom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I love my job, my I wish I could work part time.  One of my sons needs me right now.  He is have a tough time with school right now.  Feels everything is TOO HARD.  Everything used to be very easy for him.  But for my job it is full time or nothing.   But I don't think I would like to be a SAHM.  I found when I went back to work I had more patience with them than when I was at home with them all the time.

asaffell
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I would love to stay at home again. My kids are still so young that I feel better with them at home with me.

supermomz25
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I am happy working as it gives me a break from my kids, but I wish I could be a SAHM sometimes because I would love to be able to take my kids to and from school everyday and be able to spend more time with my 4 year old before he starts school.

honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Nope.

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM

no

pinkanfgrl
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Nope!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I work super part time right now so I have the best of both worlds. I was off work when DS was first born for about 8 months. I lost alot of myself in that time and just wasn't happy so I went back part time. I love it: I am much less stressed out, we have more money, and I am a lot happier. I firmly believe happy mommy=happy children.

jlspears01
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I know there are a lot of posts on here about moms not wanting to be a SAHM. I'm on the opposite side of things. My daughter just turned 15 months, and we're expecting daughter #2. Every single day I pray that some day I will be able to stay home with them. We are attempting to get out of debt using the Dave Ramsey plan, and when (not if) we get everything but the house paid off, I'm becoming a SAHM. We're paying our car off tomorrow as a Valentine's gift to us! I would love to talk to other mom's who have worked full time then decided to be a SAHM, making it on one salary.

Diatech12
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I was just thinking today how much I would rather be a SAHM again lol.

I work 4 on 3 off normally but am covering a 3-8pm shift today. I still have so much I need to get done even though I did a lot since monday. Im so much better at getting things done since being a working mom. Things at home seem so much easier now lol. I havent cooked dinner in months(DH cooks) and I miss it!

Luckily Im having a baby the begining of may so I will be a sahm for a little bit, unfortunatly it will make money tight. We are counting on dh getting the corrections officer job he just applied for!

jlspears01
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I know how you feel, Diatech12. I love cooking healthy meals for my family, but those are far and few between now. Just like tonight, we're having hotdogs and chips. And this is just because I am so tired by the time I get home. I just don't feel like it is fair to my family. It is nice to have the extra money, but I really believe it would be more nice to be home with the family. I would even be up for working part-time. Although I attempted that after my first daughter was born. My company just wasn't interested in hiring part-time work. Who knows, maybe things will change after I have 2 little ones at home. But as of now, I'm not a happy working mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)