Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working moms, do you ever wish you were a SAHM?

I used to be a SAHM, but 2 years ago I went back to work after the kids became old enough not to need me at home. I just had a 6 week lay off (it happens every year, so it's not a big deal) and I enjoyed being home SO much. My house was so clean, I was back to making gourmet meals, and I had energy to play games with my kids. When I work I only clean my house 2 days a week and only cook 2 days a week (my days off) and I am so exhausted I just want to come home and put my feet up. I feel like I am missing out on so much. DH makes more than enough to support us without my income, but he wants me to work so we can have extra money for vacations and other luxuries. But he did say if I get pregnant I can go back to staying at home, he hates the thought of his kid ever having to be in daycare. We ARE trying, so who knows...

Anywho, do you ever wish you could stay at home, or are you happy working?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
ausomezombie2.0
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM
No
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Been on both sides doing one or the other and id rather be working
It gets boring to be at home
Plus kids are in school now full time.

Now im both, sahm and working
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diatech12
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Yeah I became a sahm when I had our first at 19 and had only worked 1 job breifly in HS. Last year was my first year working and I liked it but it was more to pass the time while DH was deployed. Dh is home now and while he does a good job, I would just rather be at home. I think it took me working to realize that lol! Things just ran so much smoother when I was at home!

I think if DH gets this job, I will just go back part time after I have this baby.

Im lucky in that DH is a good cook and is very healthy but I really like to cook lol!

Quoting jlspears01:

I know how you feel, Diatech12. I love cooking healthy meals for my family, but those are far and few between now. Just like tonight, we're having hotdogs and chips. And this is just because I am so tired by the time I get home. I just don't feel like it is fair to my family. It is nice to have the extra money, but I really believe it would be more nice to be home with the family. I would even be up for working part-time. Although I attempted that after my first daughter was born. My company just wasn't interested in hiring part-time work. Who knows, maybe things will change after I have 2 little ones at home. But as of now, I'm not a happy working mom.

tpdayton
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Have you ever thought about working from home? I do. Well it's not that I work everyday from my home but I have a business that allows me to make my own schedule and have time for my family! Also, this business is helping myself and my family become healthy! I love, love, love it!! I also, get to interact with other adults and help them become healthy as well! This is so much better than going to a job for 8 hours and having to get someone else pick up my kids from school. If you are interested in learning more about this oppourtunity let me know. Anyone can do it!!

jbirchard
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:24 PM
No.
kimkrys1
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I would love to be... but I would go nuts and become depressed.  I didnt work during my first marriage and was a wreck.. I have to have something to keep me going..

937mrsweaver
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:27 PM

id give anything in the world  to stay home u have NO CLUE how lucky u are!  i cry every single day bc i have to work and miss out on so much

937mrsweaver
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:28 PM

im interested!

Quoting tpdayton:

Have you ever thought about working from home? I do. Well it's not that I work everyday from my home but I have a business that allows me to make my own schedule and have time for my family! Also, this business is helping myself and my family become healthy! I love, love, love it!! I also, get to interact with other adults and help them become healthy as well! This is so much better than going to a job for 8 hours and having to get someone else pick up my kids from school. If you are interested in learning more about this oppourtunity let me know. Anyone can do it!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:30 PM
never never NEVER!!! I enjoy contributing financially...and not having to spend someone else's money... I would be bored to death sitting at home all day...I love my kids... only so much cartoons I could sit and watch...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I would love to be a sahm.  I envy sahms.  I'm mad I married a man who couldn't completly provide.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)